Animated Truckers

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Truckers 1991 Adaptation

Postby Ben Sargeant » Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:47 am

Hey peeps, this is the first time I've ever used a forum of any kind. I was just wondering since this is a Terry Pratchett forum, if anyone has ever seen the utterly brilliant animated adaptation of Truckers? It was made in 1991 and ran on CITV (in Britain anyway)
I would appreciate some responses whether aware or unaware, I need to know as it's for a university assignment. Cheerybyes.
Ben Sargeant
New member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:58 pm

Re: Truckers 1991 Adaptation

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:06 am

Ben Sargeant wrote:Hey peeps, this is the first time I've ever used a forum of any kind. I was just wondering since this is a Terry Pratchett forum, if anyone has ever seen the utterly brilliant animated adaptation of Truckers? It was made in 1991 and ran on CITV (in Britain anyway)
I would appreciate some responses whether aware or unaware, I need to know as it's for a university assignment. Cheerybyes.
Hi Ben and welcome to the site! :D You've picked a good forum to start on as there are a lot of unfriendly ones out there.

I have seen Truckers - it's available to watch on YouTube - and I thought it was very good. Better than the animated Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters in my opinion.

It's just a shame they didn't do Diggers and Wings as well. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 28695
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Postby Bickaxe » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:10 am

I watched it on CITV when it was aired, think I was 12 (ish). Finally tracked down the video too (VHS) as it was never released on DVD (so if anyone bought it on DVD, its a copy).

Not watched it in a while (no video recorder) but it was great and I'd agree with Tony in part that it was better than the 2 animated releases
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
User avatar
Bickaxe
Member
 
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:05 pm
Location: Newport

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:21 am

Are you elvish? :wink:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
User avatar
Bouncy Castle
Member
 
Posts: 11963
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London

Postby DaveC » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:33 am

I was aware of it when it came out but never watched much of it. I think I was around 8-10. Wish I had seen it now, may track it down sometime.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

Postby pip » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:57 am

Image
Image

Seem to cost around £7 for the first and £15 for the second on VHS from amazon but don't have a player so pointless really.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9378
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Postby meerkat » Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:59 am

WELCOME BEN! No, haven't seen this. I'll keep my eye out as I like that sort of animation.
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
User avatar
meerkat
Member
 
Posts: 13475
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:32 pm
Location: Wilberfoss East Riding Yorkshire

Re: Truckers 1991 Adaptation

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:47 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Ben Sargeant wrote:Hey peeps, this is the first time I've ever used a forum of any kind. I was just wondering since this is a Terry Pratchett forum, if anyone has ever seen the utterly brilliant animated adaptation of Truckers? It was made in 1991 and ran on CITV (in Britain anyway)
I would appreciate some responses whether aware or unaware, I need to know as it's for a university assignment. Cheerybyes.
Hi Ben and welcome to the site! :D You've picked a good forum to start on as there are a lot of unfriendly ones out there.

I have seen Truckers - it's available to watch on YouTube - and I thought it was very good. Better than the animated Soul Music and Wyrd Sisters in my opinion.

It's just a shame they didn't do Diggers and Wings as well. :D


It is also available in book form using stills from the animation. I think it was printed by Ladybird.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
User avatar
The Mad Collector
Member
 
Posts: 9908
Joined: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:48 am
Location: Ironbridge UK

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:51 am

Sjoerd's got a copy. I offered it as a prize in the World Cup Pick-the-score game I ran. :D
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:59 am

You can see it HERE on YouTube. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 28695
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Postby Ben Sargeant » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:28 pm

Thank you so much guys for all the support you've given me, this is excellent and I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only person who's had the pleasure of having seen Truckers.

The reason that Diggers and Wings weren't made Tonyblack is because there was a change in Management and the guy that took over didn't think it would be cost effective to adapt the remaining two.

What do people think of a possible adaptation of the trilogy by Danny Boyle?
Ben Sargeant
New member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:58 pm

Postby DaveC » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Ben Sargeant wrote:Thank you so much guys for all the support you've given me, this is excellent and I'm happy to hear that I'm not the only person who's had the pleasure of having seen Truckers.

The reason that Diggers and Wings weren't made Tonyblack is because there was a change in Management and the guy that took over didn't think it would be cost effective to adapt the remaining two.

What do people think of a possible adaptation of the trilogy by Danny Boyle?
Sounds good to me. He's a genius! :)
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

Postby ramtopsman » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:15 pm

Personally i can't see dream works investing for quite some time although it would be amazing to see what they come up with

btw ive met danny boyle a very nice man he lives in the same town as where im from and he turned the xmas lights on last year
Check out all things pratchett at

www.youtube.com/user/ramtopsman
User avatar
ramtopsman
Member
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:36 am
Location: manchester

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:53 pm

Has anyone seen Battle:Los Angles if so is it any good. :?:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14555
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Postby DaveC » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:16 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Has anyone seen Battle:Los Angles if so is it any good. :?:
Not seen much of it, have heard differing reports. Some say terrible, some say awesome.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3781
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK


Return to TV, film, theatre

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests