Dr Who question

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby pandasthumb » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:17 pm

I like Mr Smith :) because he reminds me of Patrick Troughton and he isn't always yelling and going on all the time.

I think that writer for last series was very good as well.
pandasthumb

Postby Willem » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:25 pm

pandasthumb wrote:I think that writer for last series was very good as well.

Amen to that!

I saw Doctor Who from the Eccleston Doctor on and it always gave off just a little of a kid's show-vibe to me. Last season didn't. I enjoy Matt Smith more than Tennant too, less... manic.
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby WannabeAngua » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:22 pm

I've now seen the first 3 episodes of series five and can't say I'm blown away by neither Matt Smith nor Ms Pond (don't recall her real name just at the moment).
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby spideyGirl » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:57 pm

It's Amy Pond, WannabeAngua. :D

Think the storeis have been good, just getting a bit fed up with Daleks. Might be an age thing but now it's like..oh no... its a Dalek (said in monotone voice) instead of "OH NO It's the Dalek, quick, hide behind the sofa!!! "

spideyGirl

Postby Penfold » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:12 pm

I tend to agree Spidey, especially since the new ones just aren't as intimidating as the old style. Do you think the Weeping Angels are likely to replace them as Dr. Who's scariest enemy?
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby bikkit » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:19 pm

I call the new daleks the hunch backed ipods.

Or orange flavour, vanilla flavour, blueberry flavour, strawberry flavour and lemon flavour.
Never got waht's so scary about daleks. They look like pepperpots and how can you conquer the universe without having opposable thumbs?

Maybe thay want to kill everything wiith thumbs.

Sure the weeping angels are scary but the only monster that gave me nightmares were the gasmask zombies. And it's not as if I was little when I watched those two episodes.

It was last week.

It was a petty bad nightmare, one of them. And some of the zombies had elephant trunks for some reason.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby shegallivants » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:21 pm

I'm too afraid to watch the Matt Smiths :oops: because the 10th Doctor was my first doctor, and I'm afraid no one will measure up to his gorgeous lunacy :( I'm very strongly resistant to change, I think (which is ridiculous when you're watching Doctor Who!). I didn't even like any of the companions after Rose. :wink:

How is Smith?
Balter n. To dance gracelessly, without particular art or skill *but perhaps with some enjoyment.
shegallivants

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:30 pm

Smith is great! I like him a lot. I also like Amy and Rory as companions. Give him a chance - you might like him even better than Tennant. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:31 pm

By the way - the Vincent Van Gogh episode is one of my all time favourites. I cried buckets. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby bikkit » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:35 pm

He's great, especially in later episodes where it seems more like he's doing his own thing rather than acting more like david tennant.

He's definatly quite a bit of a lunatic, at one point he keeps jumping back in time to give rory important info whilst holding a mop. And wearing a fez.

And that bit with the stripper cake.

And the whole of the episode the lodger.

He does serious well too, as someone mentioned on here, somewhere.

And, after all, he made sales of bow ties rise by 94%. That probably means something. Dunno what.

I suppose I may be a bit biased towards Matt (he was my first doctor) and I love david too (he's only a VERY CLOSE second) but I think he was a bit....uhh......right word.....right word...... too...... like this: :cry: sometimes.

Yeah, I don't like too much seiousness.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Penfold » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:35 pm

bikkit wrote:Sure the weeping angels are scary but the only monster that gave me nightmares were the gasmask zombies. And it's not as if I was little when I watched those two episodes.

It was, for me, the scariest episodes as well (are you my mummy? freaked me out) but I was really thinking about recurring opponents rather than singular appearances. Personally, I always found the Cybermen to be scarier than the Daleks when I was young.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:39 pm

Yep the Cyber Men were scarier than the Daleks when I was a kid.

So...

If you could go to a garden centre and buy a life sized replica of a weeping angel for your garden, would you? :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:43 pm

Yes, I'd put it in front of my house, that might keep the little b%$%^$s round here from playing footbal round my car :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:46 pm

shegallivants wrote:I'm too afraid to watch the Matt Smiths :oops: because the 10th Doctor was my first doctor, and I'm afraid no one will measure up to his gorgeous lunacy :( I'm very strongly resistant to change, I think (which is ridiculous when you're watching Doctor Who!). I didn't even like any of the companions after Rose. :wink:

How is Smith?

I'm afraid to say that Patrick Troughton was my first Doctor although I didn't really get into the series until Jon Pertwee took over. Get used to change some of us have seen lots :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:54 pm

:lol: I was watching it from the William Hartnell days.
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre