Doctor Who - Series Six

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:43 am

Quatermass wrote:And lemme guess, the poor SOB had to submerge himself in the waves and nearly drowned himself? I assume that he was in The Sea Devils and not Warriors of the Deep, as the latter didn't have location filming.

I doubt that it was Pat Gorman, he played a lot more than Sea Devils in Doctor Who. Ditto Stuart Fell. Did this mate of yours use to be a stuntman with HAVOC?
To be honest, I don't know any more details than that - not even the guy's name. He wasn't a 'mate' as such, just a guy I got talking to on a coach trip.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:46 am

deldaisy wrote:Hope they had an easy OPEN on those suits too...

Must track down the episode....see how straight they are walking :D

It's available on DVD, albeit as part of a boxset with Doctor Who and the Silurians, and Warriors of the Deep.

But here's a YouTube clip from The Sea Devils clearly showing them walk, run, and even fight...
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:47 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Quatermass wrote:And lemme guess, the poor SOB had to submerge himself in the waves and nearly drowned himself? I assume that he was in The Sea Devils and not Warriors of the Deep, as the latter didn't have location filming.

I doubt that it was Pat Gorman, he played a lot more than Sea Devils in Doctor Who. Ditto Stuart Fell. Did this mate of yours use to be a stuntman with HAVOC?
To be honest, I don't know any more details than that - not even the guy's name. He wasn't a 'mate' as such, just a guy I got talking to on a coach trip.

Oh, okay. No, I was just interested.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

Quatermass

Postby DaveC » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:31 am

Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Quatermass » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:25 pm

And the name of Neil Gaiman's episode?

The Doctor's Wife, believe it or not.

The Doctor's Wife, interestingly, was the title of a fake story that John Nathan-Turner, the producer during the 1980s, put up on a production board in order to ferret out information leaks...

And besides the hoo-hah over the character of Idris, there's this interesting tidbit Gaiman told Doctor Who Magazine (I copied this over from the Doctor Who News Page)...

Idris is someone who is beautiful, and who bites, and who might just turn out to be an old acquaintance with a new face... [adding] it starts in void-space, with something – or someone – we have not seen since The War Games, and a knock on the TARDIS door...

Now, there are a few characters off-hand whom I could think of. There's Jamie, perhaps, or the War Chief, but I have the feeling that Gaiman may actually be talking about Zoe Heriot... :?

Quatermass

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre