Doctor Who - Series Six

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby WannabeAngua » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:56 pm

I think Martha was great. Quite liked that comedian woman as well (thinking really hard but can't remember her name).
I'm using Dr Wha as a training motivator at the moment. I can only watch an episode if I'm using my stepping machine as well.
I haven't started on series 5 yet so I can't comment on Matt Smith as the Doctor, but I'm gonna miss David Tennant.
(I haven't worked out in a while....I don't wanna watch the moment when David regenerates)
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby chris.ph » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:07 pm

katherine tate wannabe
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Quatermass » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:19 am

And the character's name that Catherine Tate played was Donna Noble.

Hey, chris.ph, you live in Wales, right? Do you ever see the filming? :)
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:59 am

Quatermass wrote:And the character's name that Catherine Tate played was Donna Noble.

My friend saw them filming in Barry Island a few weeks ago.

I know a lot of the locations they use and there's a really good website of Dr Who Locations.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:28 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Quatermass wrote:And the character's name that Catherine Tate played was Donna Noble.

My friend saw them filming in Barry Island a few weeks ago.

I know a lot of the locations they use and there's a really good website of Dr Who Locations.

When I visited Cardiff back in January 2009, I was kinda hoping that I'd see them filming. Didn't get to, though. Visited the Doctor Who exhibition they had there, but it was somewhat...disappointing, I'm afraid. I was expecting something twice as big, at least.

But thanks for the thought, Tony. Though I doubt I'll be heading to the UK, never mind Wales, in the near future. I detest overseas travel, or at least the 'flying cattle class' part.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

Quatermass

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:48 am

The exhibition is, I agree, very disappointing. The stuff for sale in the gift shop looks more 'real' than the actual exhibits. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:51 am

Hey Q. Any news of when Dr Who is screening here? I am guessing a day or two after the UK screening.

Hit the Aussis Dr Who fan site and WOW. Someone there has alot of insider info. :D

Apparently we WILL see alot more of Riversong whatever. Can't stand her. The man she murdered? The one she says was the man she most cared for? Apparently not the Dr..... conjecture it was JFK.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Anilori » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:56 am

Tonyblack wrote:The exhibition is, I agree, very disappointing. The stuff for sale in the gift shop looks more 'real' than the actual exhibits. :lol:

As Granny said, things that try to look like things often look more like things than things. Well-known fact.
Anilori

Postby Quatermass » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:03 pm

Tonyblack wrote:The exhibition is, I agree, very disappointing. The stuff for sale in the gift shop looks more 'real' than the actual exhibits. :lol:

Well, I feel that there wasn't enough in the exhibition when I visited. Maybe this new 'Doctor Who Experience' I've heard of is better, I dunno...

deldaisy wrote:Hey Q. Any news of when Dr Who is screening here? I am guessing a day or two after the UK screening.

Hit the Aussis Dr Who fan site and WOW. Someone there has alot of insider info. :D

Apparently we WILL see alot more of Riversong whatever. Can't stand her. The man she murdered? The one she says was the man she most cared for? Apparently not the Dr..... conjecture it was JFK.

It was about two weeks behind last year, and the closest thing we have to confirmation was this press release in January...

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2011/01/abc1-on-track-for-entertainment.html

The series apparently begins on April 23rd in both the UK and the US.

As for River Song...I dunno. But there are hints that there may be more to what she has done than meets the eye.

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Neil Gaiman episode and seeing what that one's like. And I'm hoping that this series will be an improvement over the last one, which had many good bits, but didn't quite feel right.

Quatermass

Postby Ash » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:56 pm

I liked series 5 and I am hoping for more of the same from series 6. The mix of characters on Dr Who at the moment has been the best since the reboot of Dr Who began.
Ash

Postby deldaisy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:23 am

Anilori wrote:

As Granny said, things that try to look like things often look more like things than things. Well-known fact.
:D :D

But seriously.... are we in dream land here? I have made better costumes for the kids on one hours notice than some of the costumes they made for some of the older episodes of Dr WHo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzATooMEvRw&feature=fvst
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:03 am

deldaisy wrote:
Anilori wrote:

:D :D

But seriously.... are we in dream land here? I have made better costumes for the kids on one hours notice than some of the costumes they made for some of the older episodes of Dr WHo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzATooMEvRw&feature=fvst

Maybe a few of them. But The Tomb of the Cybermen was a bad example to use, Del. That was one of the best Troughton stories.

But The Dominators? The Seeds of Death? The Keys of Marinus? They've aged badly, not just in costumes but in general nature.

Quatermass

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:19 am

I was talking to a guy from the Ramblers group I'm with and he was telling me that he played a Sea Devil in an old Dr Who episode.

It was so hot wearing the costumes that the actors were given plenty of beer to drink while waiting to be filmed. The trouble was, they were waiting a long time and they drank a lot. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:37 am

Tonyblack wrote:I was talking to a guy from the Ramblers group I'm with and he was telling me that he played a Sea Devil in an old Dr Who episode.

It was so hot wearing the costumes that the actors were given plenty of beer to drink while waiting to be filmed. The trouble was, they were waiting a long time and they drank a lot. :lol:

And lemme guess, the poor SOB had to submerge himself in the waves and nearly drowned himself? I assume that he was in The Sea Devils and not Warriors of the Deep, as the latter didn't have location filming.

I doubt that it was Pat Gorman, he played a lot more than Sea Devils in Doctor Who. Ditto Stuart Fell. Did this mate of yours use to be a stuntman with HAVOC?

Quatermass

Postby deldaisy » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:38 am

Hope they had an easy OPEN on those suits too...

Must track down the episode....see how straight they are walking :D
deldaisy

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre