See a movie in a single image.

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby raisindot » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:23 pm

Slap one in a frame, add some artistic mumbo jumbo about how this represents the artist's feelings of impersonalization in today's society, and sell it to the punters for ten grand at your local gallery.

Seriously, though, these represent less the actual color scheme of the movies than effects of the kinds of filters that were used during shooting or processing. Movies that used lots of filtering effects--like the sepia-toned look of the Godfather movies--tend to create more uniform-looking results. Those that used either neutral or no filters (or fil the punched up the colors) tend to have greater variability.
raisindot

Postby DaveC » Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:10 pm

raisindot wrote:Slap one in a frame, add some artistic mumbo jumbo about how this represents the artist's feelings of impersonalization in today's society, and sell it to the punters for ten grand at your local gallery.

Seriously, though, these represent less the actual color scheme of the movies than effects of the kinds of filters that were used during shooting or processing. Movies that used lots of filtering effects--like the sepia-toned look of the Godfather movies--tend to create more uniform-looking results. Those that used either neutral or no filters (or fil the punched up the colors) tend to have greater variability.

So you like the effect then? :D

I do. Being a projectionist, and seeing the different look of every single film frame by frame I find this fascinating.

:)
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby DaveC » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:22 pm

I haven't bumped this in a while but this images have to be seen. What the Hell do these films look like normally???

http://moviebarcode.tumblr.com/
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre