Horrors

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby pip » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:30 pm

I got such a slap across the head for getting the missus to watch Black sheep.
She thought it was absolute tripe.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Postby DaveC » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:31 pm

pip wrote:I got such a slap across the head for getting the missus to watch Black sheep.
She thought it was absolute tripe.


It wasn't as good as I was expecting, but I still liked it. It's not up there with Peter Jackson's NZ horrors
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3818
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

Postby meerkat » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:31 pm

Sheep and tripe? :shock: Animal insemination went a bit corkscrew there perhaps?:wink:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
User avatar
meerkat
Member
 
Posts: 13476
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:32 pm
Location: Wilberfoss East Riding Yorkshire

Postby deldaisy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:32 pm

:D :D :D It IS tripe! But its really bad good tripe!
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
User avatar
deldaisy
Member
 
Posts: 8032
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby pip » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:35 pm

I found it fun but hey :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Postby chris.ph » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:54 pm

i thought it was v funny :D

dog soldiers is my favourite werewolf film with american werewolf in london second, i watched 13hrs recently mmmmmmm
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
User avatar
chris.ph
Member
 
Posts: 8746
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:52 am
Location: swansea south wales

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:11 pm

chris.ph wrote:i thought it was v funny :D

dog soldiers is my favourite werewolf film with american werewolf in london second, i watched 13hrs recently mmmmmmm
The Yorkshire Moors bit of American Werewolf wa filmed in Wales. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
User avatar
Tonyblack
Moderator
 
Posts: 29218
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:29 pm
Location: Cardiff, Wales

Postby meerkat » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:53 pm

I am offended. The NY Moors TOO TOUGH for them? :wink:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
User avatar
meerkat
Member
 
Posts: 13476
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:32 pm
Location: Wilberfoss East Riding Yorkshire

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:30 pm

DaveC wrote:
pip wrote:I got such a slap across the head for getting the missus to watch Black sheep.
She thought it was absolute tripe.


It wasn't as good as I was expecting, but I still liked it. It's not up there with Peter Jackson's NZ horrors


I started hating Peter Jackson after seeing one of his horror movies :twisted:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
User avatar
Sjoerd3000
Member
 
Posts: 8797
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Postby DaveC » Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:42 am

Sjoerd3000 wrote:
DaveC wrote:
pip wrote:I got such a slap across the head for getting the missus to watch Black sheep.
She thought it was absolute tripe.


It wasn't as good as I was expecting, but I still liked it. It's not up there with Peter Jackson's NZ horrors


I started hating Peter Jackson after seeing one of his horror movies :twisted:


Why?
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3818
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Because it was awful :lol:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
User avatar
Sjoerd3000
Member
 
Posts: 8797
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Postby DaveC » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:55 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:Because it was awful :lol:


Which one? Braindead is a classic. Bad Taste was a labour of love taking over 4 years to make. Meet the Feebles is an aquired taste, though.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3818
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:57 pm

It was the one in which the priest says 'I kick ass for the lord' which was the only bit that was funny. :wink:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
User avatar
Sjoerd3000
Member
 
Posts: 8797
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:00 pm

I went through a phase years ago of renting horror videos (yes, videos!).

The funniest one, and I'm pretty sure they didn't mean it to be funny, was The Reanimator.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
User avatar
Bouncy Castle
Member
 
Posts: 12156
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:08 pm
Location: London

Postby DaveC » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:It was the one in which the priest says 'I kick ass for the lord' which was the only bit that was funny. :wink:


That's Braindead! I agree its the best bit...but it's all awesome, especially the lawn-mower at the end. :D
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3818
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests