Sky Channel Switcharound.

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby DaveC » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:18 pm

So do you still need a license to watch iplayer only? I'm a bit confused.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:27 pm

I theory you need a licence to watch iPlayer live. If you are watching programmes after they were aired then you don't - in theory. Of course it's difficult for them to prove it in the first place. Even if you let them into your premises, they aren't going to be able to tell what you watched and when without checking your Internet files and, unless they have a search warrant, you can refuse to let them touch your computer.

It's not actually a crime to own a TV set without a licence and if you let them in and they saw a TV set, you'd only be breaking the law if you switched the set on when they asked you to.

The mistake people make is in thinking that because these people seem official, you have to do what they tell you. You don't. :P

Years ago - when I worked for the Post Office, the TV licence people used to contract postal workers to do their investigations. I knew a few people who worked for them and what they could or could not do.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:29 pm

I went without a TV for about 18 months, and as soon as I wrote and offered them a look round the flat, I heard no more abou it!! :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby mystmoon » Wed May 04, 2011 1:12 pm

We got 5 letters from them, one for each person living here and one for the living room. the living room still gets letters from time to time! :roll:
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed May 04, 2011 1:20 pm

Does it reply? :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre