Blazing Saddles, Airplane and Withnail & I

Oh and Wild Hogs :lol:

And Porkys

And Animal House :lol: :lol:
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Grumpy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:20 pm

Both of the "Porkys" films are definitely some of my favourites, I don't really like any recent comedy films but I did like one that came out a couple of years back called; "You Don't Mess With The Zohan". I think that was pretty funny, and it had the guy out of Borat and Ali G in it. :D
Grumpy

Postby raisindot » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:09 am

Does anyone here other than deldaisy like any comedies made BEFORE 1970?

How about all of the classic Hollywood comedies? If you're willing to put your modern biases aside, you won't find that many films that are better written or funnier than The Marx Bros. "Duck Soup" or "A Night at the Opera." Or "His Girl Friday" with Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell. Or "Bringing up Baby" with Grant and Hepburn.

Or, moving into the 1950s, great Billy Wilder movies like "Some Like it Hot" and "The Seven Year Itch" or the excellent Ealing Studios movies with Alec Guinness (King Hearts and Coronets, The Ladykillers, The Lavender Hill Mob).

All these movies can make you laugh out loud with a single fart, poop, vomit or boob joke.
raisindot

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:31 am

I like Laurel & Hardy :P My favourite Laurel & Hardy movie is Way out West :D
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby DaveC » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:40 am

I love Marx Bros and Laurel and Hardy, Charlie Chaplin, Buster Keaton. Just dont have any on DVD yet... They used to show L and H films really regular in the afternoons on the BBC but dont any more. My post 1970s DVD collection really does need some work, though. :)
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 10:48 am

I've got a few L & H DVDs, and a lot on VHS. I haven't got a video player for the VHS ones though :roll:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby deldaisy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:02 am

raisindot wrote:Does anyone here other than deldaisy like any comedies made BEFORE 1970?

How about all of the classic Hollywood comedies? If you're willing to put your modern biases aside, you won't find that many films that are better written or funnier than The Marx Bros. "Duck Soup" or "A Night at the Opera." Or "His Girl Friday" with Cary Grant and Rosalind Russell. Or "Bringing up Baby" with Grant and Hepburn.

Or, moving into the 1950s, great Billy Wilder movies like "Some Like it Hot" and "The Seven Year Itch" or the excellent Ealing Studios movies with Alec Guinness (King Hearts and Coronets, The Ladykillers, The Lavender Hill Mob).

All these movies can make you laugh out loud with a single fart, poop, vomit or boob joke.

Hear! Hear!

Seriously I love Marilyn M as a comedian.

I am shocked and amazed...... all you guys listing fav comedies.... and the fave guys choice of all hasn't been mentioned?????????

The Three Stooges?
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre