Outcasts

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Outcasts

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:11 am

Did anyone else watch Outcasts on the BBC last night?

I thought it was promising and worth checking out next week.

I just came from the IMDB message boards (I must stop visiting these) where several people thought that as the planet was called 'Carpathia', there might be vampires in the show. :roll: As if we don't have enough vampire movies/TV shows/books etc.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:16 am

Fangs for the update.

[runs]
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby meerkat » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:21 am

What did you say Otto? Oh dear, Tony, Otto is going to put that in the Times. He said could he have a photo of you and not Lord Downey? :lol:
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:26 am

:P :lol:
Tonyblack

Re: Outcasts

Postby chris.ph » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Did anyone else watch Outcasts on the BBC last night?

I thought it was promising and worth checking out next week.

I just came from the IMDB message boards (I must stop visiting these) where several people thought that as the planet was called 'Carpathia', there might be vampires in the show. :roll: As if we don't have enough vampire movies/TV shows/books etc.

part 2 is on tonight tony not next week tony :!: :!:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:43 pm

Thanks chris! :)
Tonyblack

Postby rockershovel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:45 pm

I wasn't impressed. Having 30-odd years experience of working in the offshore oil industry, I'd have to say that the writers do not have the slightest idea of how a small disciplined group selected for a mission to a remote location actually functions. Nor does anyone involved have any idea of how people accustomed to guns actually carry and use them

not that either comment is particularly uncommon
Last edited by rockershovel on Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rockershovel

Postby chris.ph » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:47 pm

welcome to the site rockershovel, i blame the writers :lol: idont think these were a select group they are basically refugees from a dying earth and i find i carry a weapon the most comfortable way i can without shooting my foot off
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:02 pm

Just watched the first eppy.

It's a bit "clunky", but I'll keep watching............ mainly coz Eric Mabius (Daniel Meade in Ugly Betty) has just arrived, and he's looking like he's gonna be baaaaad!

:oops:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby rockershovel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:03 pm

eerrmmmmm... yes..... they are the crew of a spaceship the size of an office block who are in sufficient contact with earth that they are still receiving resupply and colonists. They have multi-millions of dollars' worth of hardware provided from public funds. They look more like the Gogafrincham B Ark crew....
rockershovel

Postby meerkat » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:06 pm

Not particularly bothered by this series Will miss it out and watch the repeats if and when they come on!

WELCOME Rockershovel![/code]
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby rockershovel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:09 pm

chris.ph wrote:welcome to the site rockershovel, i blame the writers :lol: idont think these were a select group they are basically refugees from a dying earth and i find i carry a weapon the most comfortable way i can without shooting my foot off

you want mismatched odds and sods on a long, isolated, dangerous mission, try The Cruel Sea or better yet, Moby Dick or White Jacket
rockershovel

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:45 pm

On the BBC POV (Points of View) boards, the most messages say that they think it's Sh*te.

Others on POV think that the haters are wanting it to be as awful as Bonekickers and The Deep.

:D

Bouncy Castle

Postby chris.ph » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:44 pm

rockershovel wrote:
chris.ph wrote:welcome to the site rockershovel, i blame the writers :lol: idont think these were a select group they are basically refugees from a dying earth and i find i carry a weapon the most comfortable way i can without shooting my foot off

you want mismatched odds and sods on a long, isolated, dangerous mission, try The Cruel Sea or better yet, Moby Dick or White Jacket

the cruel sea was the last film i watched b4 i joined the navy i nearly didnt go :lol: and i will never be able to read or watch moby dick again after watching patrick stewart play ahab all i could think of was ENGAGE :lol: :lol:
chris.ph

Postby rockershovel » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:52 pm

Patrick Stewart's Ahab was truly awful. The Gregory Peck one was better by far. But the book is best.

Cruel Sea is one of the great sea stories.

Star Trek Voyager is always popular in the offshore sector, partly for its sheer camp hamminess but mainly for Kate Mulgrew rraaawwwrrrrr

oh, and Ice Road Truckers...
rockershovel

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre