It Always Happens...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:56 am

Sounds like your friend is a Dr Who fan. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby bikkit » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:59 am

Oh god she is

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby deldaisy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:08 pm

bikkit wrote:True.

I'm never bored. Dunno why.

Here's what one of my friends put on my facebook abut boredom on one of the rare occasions when I was:

I see you are bored
Here's a thought experiment that is very deep and meaningful.
There are billions of billions of galaxys in the universe. That means bilions of billions of stars. Each star could have many planets going around it. But, so far at least, we havn't found a single planet with life on it. Despite what you see on TV. The fact we're on the perfect planet for life is bloody amazing. The fact we havn't been wiped out is bloody amazingly lucky. The fact that we even evolved is bloody amazingly wonderful.
We're surrounded by bloody amazingness. Every single thing around you is bloody amazing. And you are bored.
Even boredom is bloody amazing.
Now I have cured your boredom by giving you something to read.

Totally agree Bikkit..... I think we get far too little time on this lovely little planet.

Broc.... I am never bored ... I had heaps to do but didn't want to do any of it... and what I did want to do would require me pullling out sewing machines or paints or finding the glue gun or or or I was just bored. And since I don't ever get bored... I didn't know what to do about it :D I just wanted to do something different... but.... nah! My mind is numb from doing the same sale for the same chain for the last week and a half. Got a final one tomorrow. Being that public for so long can make me very antisocial after work. And I have to rest my voice BLAH! And I am not an antisocial person. A bit of burn out.

The teen is NOT sorted... *sigh* but will be soon. Her dad is due to go to the Phillipines in two weeks. I have a good mind to give her a total reality check but I don't think she would survive it. Yes the girls are at thier dads. He switched weekends again. Its okay. I used it to work.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby DaveC » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:39 pm

Fire engines, police and ambulances will only turn up once the action scene at the climax has finished.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Detectives always drive an unusual car :P
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby deldaisy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:45 pm

They never ever run into gridlock or a total car jam during a car chase through New York.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:25 pm

Anybody disguised as a monk, with a big hood to cover their faces, will always be overlooked by security forces.
Tonyblack

Postby rockershovel » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:31 pm

DaveC wrote:Fire engines, police and ambulances will only turn up once the action scene at the climax has finished.

and there will be all sorts of people wandering about the scene who have no business being there
rockershovel

Postby Broccolee » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:47 pm

There are fat women in flowery t-shirts and men in short bermudas behind the security tape,milling around and enjoying the scenery,but the commanding officer that arrives far too late must show his ID-card before being admitted.
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby deldaisy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:19 am

Cars that jump opening bridges, ravines, uncompleted highways, will land HARD but they are perfectly okay to keep driving...... :? I took mine over a speed hump too fast and did in the front end!!!!
deldaisy

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:42 am

Loving this thread. It's all so true!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby deldaisy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:07 pm

HE'S NOT DEAD!!!!! HE'S NOT DEAD!!!!

Put a stake through his head/heart! HE'S NOT DEAD!
deldaisy

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:12 pm

Saw this one on Dr Who and realised that it always happens.

If someone is behind a door where a monster (Cyberman) is on the other side, it will go quiet and the person (Amy) will put their ear to the door. That's when something long and metallic (a sword) will burst through the wood of the door just missing them by inches.
Tonyblack

Postby bikkit » Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:07 am

True.or it can be a fist. Or anything.

The monster will always LOOK dead and then it opens an eye. Or move its hand just a tiny bit. And then it will cut away from the monster.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Broccolee » Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:58 pm

Have we had this one yet:ever really,really socked anyone in the mouth?Do it right and you skin your knuckles.(I didn´t do that myself,mind you,but knew a guy who had skinned knuckles some saturday mornings..and after a while knew why..)
Now,in a film,no matter how often they punch somebody,or how hard,they never have.Also not if they,as aforementioned,but the fist through a door.They massage their hand but it´s smooth as a babys bum.
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre