It Always Happens...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby bikkit » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:33 pm

- Despte bombs being so obvious a blind, druken sheep could spot one and stop it, they are never noticed. To the extent that someone standing at a bus stop for three hours, never getting a bus, in the world's most obvious bomb jacket, loudly sobbing about his approaching death into a mobile goes unnoticed. DURING A BOMB SCARE.

:?

- (A watching thing) Everything makes sense while you're watching the show and after you've been watching it for a long time....then you start explaining it to someone else and.....wow... Did it ever really mke sense "And then he realizes that the spaceship's not real because there are no engines running.....wait.....spaceships don't need engines running all the time..........."
*awkward silence*

- People have awesomeness field within which everything is possible. Why is there a severed head in the fride? The fridge belongs to SHERLOCK FREAKING HOLMES! Done. Why is it safe to shoot stetsons of people's heads? RIVER FREAKING SONG is doing the shooting!

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:43 pm

bikkit wrote:Why is it safe to shoot stetsons of people's heads? RIVER FREAKING SONG is doing the shooting!

Ah that is episode 1 of the new series, just a few weeks to wait now :)
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby bikkit » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:46 pm

*Runs around and screams again whilst flailing arms around once more*

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Wolfy » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Here is one that my dad always goes on about: Computers always make a beeping sound when you use the mouse, keyboard, or something pops up.

At least once between the series premiere and the series finale of a crime drama, 2 coworkers will get together.
Wolfy

Postby bikkit » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:56 am

*Tries to apply above statement ot sherlock*
Ick.

Well..........the swimming pool rippy clothes off bit.....

bikkit

Postby rockershovel » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:44 am

Wolfy wrote:Here is one that my dad always goes on about: Computers always make a beeping sound when you use the mouse, keyboard, or something pops up.

At least once between the series premiere and the series finale of a crime drama, 2 coworkers will get together.

computers also use full-screen real-time instant-message type-and-respond programmes of a type not seen since the 1980s
Last edited by rockershovel on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
rockershovel

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:11 am

And people always say out loud what they are typing.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby rockershovel » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:41 am

... and the messages always come out on the right screen as a single conversation thread...
rockershovel

Postby deldaisy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:49 am

They are always fully clothed and the girls have makeup on when they are sitting typing at their computer.

They are NEVER sitting there with their undies on their head cause they are BORED!
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby deldaisy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:54 am

The Mad Collector wrote:
bikkit wrote:Why is it safe to shoot stetsons of people's heads? RIVER FREAKING SONG is doing the shooting!

Ah that is episode 1 of the new series, just a few weeks to wait now :)

Art thou talking about the good Doctor??????????????????? It feels like YEARS since I have seen an episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want cheese. I have no cheese and I want cheese.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:59 am

deldaisy wrote:They are always fully clothed and the girls have makeup on when they are sitting typing at their computer.

They are NEVER sitting there with their undies on their head cause they are BORED!

Another vision I didn't need, thanks Del :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby deldaisy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:13 am

They are NICE undies.....
deldaisy

Postby Broccolee » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:29 am

So nice that you decided to give the world a peep?
:smile:
I´d watch out you know.If you´re in the habit of doing that, you might get drunk people trying to look over your balcony!!!

Bored!!!When have I been bored last?Lets see...was it when..oh no,that was when I tried to have a free morning and school was out early...

It might have been when...oh no,I did spend a whole afternoon in bed then but it was because I had that freaking tummy flu....

I might have been bored when..oh no,that was when I had the evening off because the kids were at a sleepover and I wanted to go out but fell asleep on the sofa...
:lol: :lol:

Nope.No bored here.No undies on heads either,no matter how pretty...
Are your girls at Dads then?Have you sorted the row with your teen out?
It´s still magic even if you know how it´s done.
Broccolee

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:37 am

No one ever pours a full cup of tea.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby bikkit » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:51 am

True.

I'm never bored. Dunno why.

Here's what one of my friends put on my facebook abut boredom on one of the rare occasions when I was:

I see you are bored
Here's a thought experiment that is very deep and meaningful.
There are billions of billions of galaxys in the universe. That means bilions of billions of stars. Each star could have many planets going around it. But, so far at least, we havn't found a single planet with life on it. Despite what you see on TV. The fact we're on the perfect planet for life is bloody amazing. The fact we havn't been wiped out is bloody amazingly lucky. The fact that we even evolved is bloody amazingly wonderful.
We're surrounded by bloody amazingness. Every single thing around you is bloody amazing. And you are bored.
Even boredom is bloody amazing.
Now I have cured your boredom by giving you something to read.

bikkit

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre