It Always Happens...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:15 pm

No matter how broke and struggling they are, they live in loft apartments in New York that would cost Donald Trump a years wages. Industrial but the size of a football field.

And kids in America have bedrooms the size of a regular house!

The garage band that is playing at the High School Formal/Prom is so professional, Bon Jovi would feel threatened.
deldaisy

Postby bikkit » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:51 am

Anything which is a race against time will be accomplished in the ick of time, and never when there are more than a few minuits left.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:55 am

And countdowns don't seem to matter. If someone says "we only have two minutes!" they'll still be trying to solve the problem ten minutes later.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby bikkit » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:57 am

too true.

Also, people can be knocked out with blows to the head without suffering from concussion AT ALL. EVER.

And people can talk about whatever in public without being noticed. Shot someone? Chat about it whilst walking down a busy street. Vampires coming to kill you? Discuss in a crowded park. You're actually someone with spacial powers/ some supernatural thing/ an alien? Tell your friends in a restaurent full of peolple. No-one will ever notice.
Last edited by bikkit on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:00 am

Any stagecoach in a Western is bound to get attacked by Indians/Mexicans/bandits.

Any movie set on a train will have a chase along the roof.
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:01 am

If someone is flying in a plane run by an airline you've never heard of, something terrible will happen.
Tonyblack

Postby bikkit » Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:04 am

About the trains- sometimes peole just sit on the roof for no reason. JUST so there can be a nice shot of a train roof.

If the person at the beginning of an episode is someone you've never seen before in a situation that is seemingly irrelevant to the rest of the show, THEY WILL DIE.

bikkit

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:08 am

deldaisy wrote:No matter how broke and struggling they are, they live in loft apartments in New York that would cost Donald Trump a years wages. Industrial but the size of a football field.

And kids in America have bedrooms the size of a regular house!

The garage band that is playing at the High School Formal/Prom is so professional, Bon Jovi would feel threatened.

Friends springs to mind, when you say that!

But to be fair, they do have (in NY, anyway) rent control, that keeps rents down to levels where people can actually afford them.

Having said that, I'd love an appartment like the Friends girls had.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:14 am

bikkit wrote:If the person at the beginning of an episode is someone you've never seen before in a situation that is seemingly irrelevant to the rest of the show, THEY WILL DIE.

Reminds me of a scene in an episode of Stargate SG1.

Whilst hiding in the cargo hold, Coombs replies to Felger's optimism with "Oh come on Felger, we might as well be wearing red shirts", a reference to the high mortality rate of minor one-off characters (usually wearing red uniform shirts) in the original Star Trek.

Ironically, Khonsu is wearing red in this episode and indeed does die at the hands of Her'ak.

Methinks I must drag out the SG1 DVDs agin. :wink:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby deldaisy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:21 am

Yeah Bouncy but the running joke about NY is that they have more rats than people... and cockroaches. Do you ever see that in movies?

Whenever anyone is dining in a restaurant everyone around them is lovely and quiet... there is never a table nearby with a loud family and kids spilling half their meal on the floor.

They always get the BEST table. Never the one near the kitchen.
deldaisy

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:26 am

And there's always enough bar stools in the bar, for the amount of characters entering said bar, or a free booth big enough to accommodate them all.

Bouncy Castle

Postby deldaisy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:52 am

Women go to the toilets in the bars and there is NEVER a line up... only the two or three of them alone in the restrooms talking about what they need to talk about.... no bird behind them saying "Are you finished? Can I use the basin?"
deldaisy

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:23 pm

deldaisy wrote:Women go to the toilets in the bars and there is NEVER a line up... only the two or three of them alone in the restrooms talking about what they need to talk about.... no bird behind them saying "Are you finished? Can I use the basin?"

So Ozzie wimmin pee in the basin, do they? :shock:

Classy or wot? 8)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby deldaisy » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:49 pm

:D :D :D
deldaisy

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:19 pm

Anyone wearing glasses in a movie will become totally blind if they lose them.
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre