Let The Right One In

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Let The Right One In

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:14 pm

This is a Swedish version of a vampire story.

The two main leads (both children) are excellent in it, but I did find myself laughing out loud at a couple of scenes, which I'm pretty sure were not intended to be funny!!

I have it on DVD, if anybody would like to borrow it.

Jane.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:18 pm

Watched both versions (Let Me In , with Hitgirl) and have them . Very enjoyable worth a look. Proper vampires rather than the bullcrap shoulder to cry on variety.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:23 pm

Indeed.

I thought the girl was superb, especially during the scenes outside, where it must have been bluddy freezing, yet she didn't have a coat on as she was a vampire!

I'd have been shivering my bits off!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:28 pm

Very true. But it was special film weather so she was ok :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:35 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I got royally told off on the BBC boards for saying that I burst out laughing - it's a very good, meaningful, film and not to be laughed at, apparently.

But the scene with the cats had me rolling up, and the scene in the swimming pool, too.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Willem » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Only seen the original, which was fantastic. The boy was way scarier than the girl though, proper psycho material :)

And I think I laughed some too, especially in the pool. More of a shocked/pleased laugh than anything else I'd say.
Willem

Postby pip » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:39 pm

Film snobs can be terrible sometimes. I have to admit i cracked a smile a few times in the film
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:28 pm

The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby pip » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:30 pm

dats der bunny :D
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:34 pm

Yep. That's the one.

Bouncy Castle

Postby DaveC » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:17 pm

pip wrote:Watched both versions (Let Me In , with Hitgirl) and have them . Very enjoyable worth a look. Proper vampires rather than the bullcrap shoulder to cry on variety.
:) Both versions are awesome, I agree, a real rarity.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Can't wait to see it.

Remember how i said Oz has a multilingual TV station that airs mainly foreign films? Well for horror its hard to go past Korea.... but there is something EVIL about the horror films that come out of the Nordic countries.... Really good psychological thrillers.... ones that do your head in.... I think its all those months of dark...... :shock:
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:23 pm

deldaisy wrote:Can't wait to see it.

Remember how i said Oz has a multilingual TV station that airs mainly foreign films? Well for horror its hard to go past Korea.... but there is something EVIL about the horror films that come out of the Nordic countries.... Really good psychological thrillers.... ones that do your head in.... I think its all those months of dark...... :shock:

That could explain a whole lot about Snowballs! :wink:

Bouncy Castle

Postby pip » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:39 pm

DaveC wrote:
pip wrote:Watched both versions (Let Me In , with Hitgirl) and have them . Very enjoyable worth a look. Proper vampires rather than the bullcrap shoulder to cry on variety.
:) Both versions are awesome, I agree, a real rarity.

Yep Hollywood managed not to screw it up at all which was a suprise. :D
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Return to TV, film, theatre