The new Terry Pratchett movie is Unseen Academicals

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:00 pm

There's going to be a Watch series apparently according to Secret Squirrel info we got at Rotterdam :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby LilMaibe » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Rincewind-Type of cheese? wrote:I actually preferred Jeremy Irons to Charles Dance. He seemed more like Vetinari, and he has a better voice.
Unseen Academicals will be another movie without Death. Shame. Even a cameo would do for me, but we didn't get one in Going Postal, so I'd wager Unseen Academicals will be the same.

Death will have a cameo. Because it's an important plotpoint that the orc is immortal.
LilMaibe

Postby CookieDrugger » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:26 pm

I WANT A NIGHT WATCH MOVIE! It's the best book, IN MY OPINION! I love the way Pratchett plays out Vimes' character as he tries to teach his younger self how to be a good copper. Young Vimes cracks me up with the obvious stupidity. Carcer would be interesting to watch because he's plain mad and as for Nobby Nobbs... well, I'd love to see a young version of him.
Revolutions always come around again. That's why they're called revolutions.
CookieDrugger

Postby LilMaibe » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:39 pm

You can't fill a movie with the events from NW. Sorry, but you just can't. As a novel it works well, but as a tv movie...YMMV of course, but...just no.
LilMaibe

Postby fids » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:49 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:There's going to be a Watch series apparently according to Secret Squirrel info we got at Rotterdam :D

Yes please.
You may be a King or a simple road sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper
fids

Postby DaveC » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:02 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:There's going to be a Watch series apparently according to Secret Squirrel info we got at Rotterdam :D

Link to the thread below
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby lyttle182 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:18 pm

Where's the best place to look and find about minor speaking roles and extras in UA? my dad has read me Pratchett books since i was little and i have a whole bookshelf of his stuff and i would love to take part, if it was in Budapest again i would get the money somehow! Any help would be great cheers
lyttle182

Postby meerkat » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:28 pm

Gosh, no idea lyttle182. Someone will know. WELCOME to the site!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:54 pm

Welcome lyttle182! :D

I would suggest keeping an eye on PJSM Prints news page as I believe they've posted there before.

Good luck.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:17 pm

Welcome lyttle182. :)
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:13 pm

lyttle182 wrote:Where's the best place to look and find about minor speaking roles and extras in UA? my dad has read me Pratchett books since i was little and i have a whole bookshelf of his stuff and i would love to take part, if it was in Budapest again i would get the money somehow! Any help would be great cheers

Welcome to the forum lyttle182 :D . There's nothing on their twitter feed yet and that's usually a good place to check :)
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby lyttle182 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:12 am

Thank you all for the nice welcome! I do have Terry and Rob on twitter is that the one you mean? i will add the PJSM site to my favourites as well, might be spending a fair chunk of my wages on there!
lyttle182

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:32 am

lyttle182 wrote:Thank you all for the nice welcome! I do have Terry and Rob on twitter is that the one you mean? i will add the PJSM site to my favourites as well, might be spending a fair chunk of my wages on there!

The Mob have their own twitter feed, look for the_mob_film_co
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:38 am

If you don't already subscribe, you might want to sign up for the Discworld Monthly newsletter as well. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

tv ankh morpork

Postby Mr Hennerzz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Hi I am a new reader of discworld but i love the mob TV films i was wondering why in going postal ankh morpork looks so different than to the color of magic. I think how they showed the city in the color of magic was very accurate or is it a change of season or something

can anyone tell me
Mr Hennerzz

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre