The Big Bang Theory

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Bickaxe » Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:41 pm

Just finished watching season 3. I'm still enjoying it.

Like the extra bits on the DVD, provides a bit more insight into the goings=on in the show.

Can't remember much of the first half of season 4 but will get it all on DVD as soon as its released anyway.
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Quatermass » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:48 pm

pip wrote:Once your mind has been blown it can't be reblown :roll:

Oh, I disagree with Sheldon on that point. I don't mind spoilers, because to me, much of the enjoyment is in the journey, not the destination. At least when it comes to stories. :)
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby deldaisy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:41 am

Quatermass wrote:
pip wrote:Once your mind has been blown it can't be reblown :roll:

Oh, I disagree with Sheldon on that point. I don't mind spoilers, because to me, much of the enjoyment is in the journey, not the destination. At least when it comes to stories. :)

I totally agree..... "spoilers" never spoil it for me.... TELL ME TELL ME TELL ME! I will STILL enjoy the movie/show/book.

Though... I had my last daughter at the same time as "The Sixth Sense" came out, and the day after, I broke my pelvis so was house bound for months after with mobility issues. Everyone I knew had seen the movie in the cinema and they vowed to keep the secret from me until it was available on DVD and they did! Thank the gods they DID! That was one secret I needed kept from me.

In a way it was a double pleasure for them too.... since they ALL knew the night I had it out on DVD :D and the phone lit up after I had watched it with them calling me and raving about the movie. :D
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:55 am

Finished watching the third series. Great end with Sheldon getting a "girlfriend", but is it me, or is Penny being a bit dicky to Leonard?
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby deldaisy » Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:30 pm

Penny is the SANE one dear.
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:17 am

deldaisy wrote:Penny is the SANE one dear.

Actually, I thought of Leonard as the (usually) sane one (which is amazing, considering his parents). Believe me, Penny has moments that make me wonder.

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby deldaisy » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:04 pm

Okay.... let me rephrase that....

Penny is the only one totally in touch with reality. :D
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:21 pm

deldaisy wrote:Okay.... let me rephrase that....

Yeah, but as everyone knows, reality is twisted and warped, even outside a TV sitcom. :)

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby pip » Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:31 am

As the series has gone on the more i question this. She lives in a dreamland where shes an actress but has never actually got a job, Is a bit of a tramp and resorts to alcohol and shopping to deal with a crappy life.
Leonard on the other hand is a much more stable individual. He's Quirky and a nerd, she's just nuts. :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Quatermass » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:51 am

pip wrote:

As the series has gone on the more i question this. She lives in a dreamland where shes an actress but has never actually got a job, Is a bit of a tramp and resorts to alcohol and shopping to deal with a crappy life.
Leonard on the other hand is a much more stable individual. He's Quirky and a nerd, she's just nuts. :D

Not to mention considering his god-awful upbringing. I'd sooner have Sheldon's mother than Leonard's. I hate fundamentalists with a passion, but at least she's warm and loving.

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby pip » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:54 am

Shes a religious nut but she cares :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby deldaisy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:55 am

So Pip? You have never got drunk and your wife was the first woman you ever slept with? :wink:
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:57 am

deldaisy wrote:So Pip? You have never got drunk and your wife was the first woman you ever slept with? :wink:

If you asked me, I could honestly answer: never, and 無.

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:59 am

deldaisy wrote:So Pip? You have never got drunk and your wife was the first woman you ever slept with? :wink:

Exactly. Sheldon might think she's a tramp, but his judgement is a little off you know :P
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby deldaisy » Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:01 am

Yeah but Pip is a randy Irishman Q. (Or I suspect he was in his youther youth). Drinking beer and bedding willing women aren't a choice in Ireland. :wink:
deldaisy

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre