The Big Bang Theory

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby pip » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:26 pm

Dotsie wrote:Ooh, you luurrrve her! Well she's given it up to be an actress, so maybe she's not really your type.

One quote I love:
Zack: You know, I saw this great thing on the Discovery Channel. Turns out if you kill a starfish it'll just come back to life.
Sheldon: Was the starfish wearing boxer shorts? Because you might have been watching Nickelodeon.

:lol:

Love that episode. The Grand Canyon scene at the end is one of the funniest thingsa i've ever seen. :lol: :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Quatermass » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:27 pm

pip wrote:
Quatermass wrote:I also read that the actress who plays Sheldon's 'girlfriend' later in the series (I've only watched a few series 1 episodes so far) is a neuroscientist in real life. Already married, too. :(

Sheldon is asexual so he can't have a girlfriend :roll:

It's complicated, apparently. I did put girlfriend in inverted commas.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby pip » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:29 pm

it's quite a weird setup. you'll have to get all the way to series 4 to find out . Some classic scenes between her , penny and howards girlfriend bernadette.
All ahead of you my friend :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Bickaxe » Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:26 pm

Been watching it whenever its on but am sure I've missed a load.

Ordered the box sets to confirm this and just started season 1 last night
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby pip » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:50 am

good plan Bickaxe. I've digital versions of the three series and it makes more sense when its watched in sequence.
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby deldaisy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:04 am

OMG Q! You have only STARTED watching The Big Bang Theory? You are in for a wonderful treat.... it just gets better and better.

Its a bit like DW.... hard to chose a favourite character or bit. I have just read these posts... and its like "Oh Yeah! I LOVE that episode... Oh! AND that one.... yeah hat bit was hilarious!" So much to enjoy Q.

You know.. there are ALOT of very intelligent people out there Q. (Yes girls too) I think thats why the series is so successful. Alot of "normal" folks GET the more subtle "science related" puns and jokes.

I love "Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kov2G0GouBw

But then you love slapstick right? Get a load of this one: BAZINGA! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MrDe_2eW10

No no no .... Sheldon's speech when he is drunk is the BEST :D :D :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiSGsHT1vLo
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:12 am

Welp, I've watched pretty much all of the first two series, and about half of the third series. :)
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

Quatermass

Postby DaveC » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:15 am

Quatermass wrote:Welp, I've watched pretty much all of the first two series, and about half of the third series. :)

I'm half way through S4 now which starts again next week.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Quatermass » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:31 pm

DaveC wrote:
Quatermass wrote:Welp, I've watched pretty much all of the first two series, and about half of the third series. :)

I'm half way through S4 now which starts again next week.

I watched the season finale. The phrase 'WTF' springs to mind.

Quatermass

Postby pip » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:03 pm

bloody E4 leaving a gap mid series . GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Willem » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:28 pm

Quatermass wrote:I watched the season finale. The phrase 'WTF' springs to mind.

Yup, and not in a good way.

I liked the first season of BBT, and the second one too. It became a bit stale after that, a one-joke show about Sheldon. Amy Farrah Fowler was a wonderful addition and freshened it up a bit.
The season finale feels way too much like a standard sitcom plot, where the writers don't have any ideas about plots anymore so just start throwing characters in the sack with each other. Still, it must be hard for american writers with their 26-episode seasons to keep things original.
Scientists are predicting the future will be much more futuristic than originally predicted
Willem

Postby Quatermass » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:44 pm

Willem wrote:

I liked the first season of BBT, and the second one too. It became a bit stale after that, a one-joke show about Sheldon. Amy Farrah Fowler was a wonderful addition and freshened it up a bit.
The season finale feels way too much like a standard sitcom plot, where the writers don't have any ideas about plots anymore so just start throwing characters in the sack with each other. Still, it must be hard for american writers with their 26-episode seasons to keep things original.

23 episodes with this series.

Well, I did think WTF in a good way, but not good-good. Just, 'oh, that's...yeah'.

I heard it was renewed for a further three years. Personally, I think that it has two good years left, tops.

Quatermass

Postby deldaisy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Q wrote:I heard it was renewed for a further three years. Personally, I think that it has two good years left, tops

Thats what they said about The Simpsons :wink:
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:58 pm

deldaisy wrote:
Q wrote:I heard it was renewed for a further three years. Personally, I think that it has two good years left, tops

Thats what they said about The Simpsons :wink:

The Simpsons jumped the shark a decade ago. :P

Quatermass

Postby pip » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:10 pm

Quatermass wrote:
Willem wrote:

23 episodes with this series.

Well, I did think WTF in a good way, but not good-good. Just, 'oh, that's...yeah'.

I heard it was renewed for a further three years. Personally, I think that it has two good years left, tops.
er alert.
Once your mind has been blown it can't be reblown :roll:
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre