The Big Bang Theory

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

The Big Bang Theory

Postby Ash » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:45 pm

Verdicts on the end of series (4) Big Bang Theory fans! I didn't even realise that was the last episode until it was announced repeats would be showing next week on E4. I thought the series as a whole was great and the new additions to the cast work really well. It was great to see TV's Blossom in the show (although I am sure she probably has a real name... maybe...). Best episode in the series was The 21-second Excitation for me, it had me in stitches!
Ash
Member
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:54 pm
Location: County Durham, UK

Postby deldaisy » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:03 am

Image
:D
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
User avatar
deldaisy
Member
 
Posts: 8032
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: The Big Bang Theory

Postby DaveC » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:47 am

Ash wrote:Verdicts on the end of series (4) Big Bang Theory fans! I didn't even realise that was the last episode until it was announced repeats would be showing next week on E4. I thought the series as a whole was great and the new additions to the cast work really well. It was great to see TV's Blossom in the show (although I am sure she probably has a real name... maybe...). Best episode in the series was The 21-second Excitation for me, it had me in stitches!


It's not the end of the series. We have just caught up with USA (kind of) so more episodes will come in a few weeks probably. Over there episodes of most programmes are broadcast in little chunks with large gaps inbetween where they are still filming new episodes. It won't finish over there till May, so Juneish here

I think we are only half way through.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3797
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

Re: The Big Bang Theory

Postby pip » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:13 am

DaveC wrote:
Ash wrote:Verdicts on the end of series (4) Big Bang Theory fans! I didn't even realise that was the last episode until it was announced repeats would be showing next week on E4. I thought the series as a whole was great and the new additions to the cast work really well. It was great to see TV's Blossom in the show (although I am sure she probably has a real name... maybe...). Best episode in the series was The 21-second Excitation for me, it had me in stitches!


It's not the end of the series. We have just caught up with USA (kind of) so more episodes will come in a few weeks probably. Over there episodes of most programmes are broadcast in little chunks with large gaps inbetween where they are still filming new episodes. It won't finish over there till May, so Juneish here

I think we are only half way through.


E4 split the series exactly in two so twelve and twelve. As a 'series' ending episode it didn't work. No cliff hanger etc.

My favourite so far was the Justice league recombination. Bloody brilliant.
The flash scene at the end was genius.

Ah well . with the wait on i watched a few episodes from series one last night.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Postby SimStars13 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 6:30 pm

Yes! There's going to be more episodes :D I love this show - the Justice League episode was completely genius, I agree
"Martin! I thought we sold you"

DFTBA
User avatar
SimStars13
Member
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:23 pm
Location: England

Postby Ash » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:49 pm

Great news about the series been split. It had seemed a weak cliffhanger episode to end on. Pennys' boyfriend in the Justice league recombination was brilliant, it was great seeing him getting into the costume competition.
Ash
Member
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:54 pm
Location: County Durham, UK

Postby deldaisy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Is this of any assistance????

damn! how do you do that thingy again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Th ... y_episodes

Justice league recombination
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO0dlWi8qlY
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
User avatar
deldaisy
Member
 
Posts: 8032
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby deldaisy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:05 pm

deldaisy wrote:Is this of any assistance????

damn! how do you do that thingy again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Th ... y_episodes

Justice league recombination
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO0dlWi8qlY


Big Bang Episodes List

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy!! I cheated big time ... two windows open and tongue stuck out the side of my mouth always.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
User avatar
deldaisy
Member
 
Posts: 8032
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:04 pm
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby Quatermass » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:19 pm

(Bumping this thread instead of starting a new one...)

I have just started watching The Big Bang Theory properly, and...well, it's pretty bloody good for an American sitcom. And I can recognise traits of myself in Sheldon, albeit turned up to 11. Plus, I'm not an insufferable genius, just plain insufferable. :roll:
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
User avatar
Quatermass
Member
 
Posts: 5638
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 am

Postby DaveC » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Quatermass wrote:(Bumping this thread instead of starting a new one...)

I have just started watching The Big Bang Theory properly, and...well, it's pretty bloody good for an American sitcom. And I can recognise traits of myself in Sheldon, albeit turned up to 11. Plus, I'm not an insufferable genius, just plain insufferable. :roll:
:) I see Sheldon in you too, but I hear the laugh track as well. :) I've been a fan since 2007 when it started. Love it! Been admiring Kaley Cucco since 8 Simple Rules and Charmed. :)
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
User avatar
DaveC
Member
 
Posts: 3797
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:35 am
Location: Portishead, UK

Postby pip » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Love Big Bang . I'm still angry with E4 for splitting the fourth series in two. :x :x

Got herself a Bazinga hoodie for xmas :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Postby Quatermass » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:52 pm

DaveC wrote:
Quatermass wrote:(Bumping this thread instead of starting a new one...)

I have just started watching The Big Bang Theory properly, and...well, it's pretty bloody good for an American sitcom. And I can recognise traits of myself in Sheldon, albeit turned up to 11. Plus, I'm not an insufferable genius, just plain insufferable. :roll:
:) I see Sheldon in you too, but I hear the laugh track as well. :) I've been a fan since 2007 when it started. Love it! Been admiring Kaley Cucco since 8 Simple Rules and Charmed. :)


I also read that the actress who plays Sheldon's 'girlfriend' later in the series (I've only watched a few series 1 episodes so far) is a neuroscientist in real life. Already married, too. :(
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
User avatar
Quatermass
Member
 
Posts: 5638
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 am

Postby Dotsie » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:58 pm

Ooh, you luurrrve her! Well she's given it up to be an actress, so maybe she's not really your type.

One quote I love:
Zack: You know, I saw this great thing on the Discovery Channel. Turns out if you kill a starfish it'll just come back to life.
Sheldon: Was the starfish wearing boxer shorts? Because you might have been watching Nickelodeon.

:lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
User avatar
Dotsie
Member
 
Posts: 9413
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:07 am

Postby Quatermass » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:24 pm

Dotsie wrote:Ooh, you luurrrve her! Well she's given it up to be an actress, so maybe she's not really your type.

One quote I love:
Zack: You know, I saw this great thing on the Discovery Channel. Turns out if you kill a starfish it'll just come back to life.
Sheldon: Was the starfish wearing boxer shorts? Because you might have been watching Nickelodeon.

:lol:


Well, the actress involved is the sort of woman I'd want. I'd want someone with a related field of education so that conversational topics could have a certain commonality to them. Hell, apparently Lisa Kudrow has a biology degree. I'm just saying that I want an educated woman (preferably in the life sciences) in a relationship.


As for quotes, I took the image for my avatar from a TV Tropes page called 'The Unsmile'. That is basically when someone tries to smile, but gets it horribly, horribly wrong. The picture is from a sequence where Sheldon tries to smile. The response from the others?

Howard: Oh, Crap thats terrifying.

Leonard: We're here to see Koothrappali, not kill Batman.
Last edited by Quatermass on Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
User avatar
Quatermass
Member
 
Posts: 5638
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:58 am

Postby pip » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:25 pm

Quatermass wrote:
DaveC wrote:
Quatermass wrote:(Bumping this thread instead of starting a new one...)

I have just started watching The Big Bang Theory properly, and...well, it's pretty bloody good for an American sitcom. And I can recognise traits of myself in Sheldon, albeit turned up to 11. Plus, I'm not an insufferable genius, just plain insufferable. :roll:
:) I see Sheldon in you too, but I hear the laugh track as well. :) I've been a fan since 2007 when it started. Love it! Been admiring Kaley Cucco since 8 Simple Rules and Charmed. :)


I also read that the actress who plays Sheldon's 'girlfriend' later in the series (I've only watched a few series 1 episodes so far) is a neuroscientist in real life. Already married, too. :(


Sheldon is asexual so he can't have a girlfriend :roll:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests