SG1 or Star Trek franchise

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby deldaisy » Sat Jan 01, 2011 6:57 pm

Dotsie wrote:I love love love Star Trek. It's ace. Especially the first series. And the last film was ace as well.

It's all ace.

Me too............... I loved all the series. And Captain Picard (I loved that he was named after a french astronomer)

Did you all know that the space shuttles (IRL) were named Enterprise because a whole load of Star Trek Fans lobbied to have it named that?

And I loved Quantum Leap
(remember Buddy Holly singing to his pig?... "Piggy Soi Piggy Soi..."
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:01 pm

The story about the first shuttle is true, but that one never actually went into space. I think the Trek fans (on reflection) would have preferred if it had gone into space. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:01 pm

I have a thing for Doctor Phlox.

:oops:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Temple_maiden » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:16 pm

I am a HUGE Trekkie and have never seen the Stargate series so the answer there is obvious.

However, although I LOVED QL, Enterprise left me cold - I only watched the first few episodes - the whole female Vulcan eye candy thing put me off.

I loved Captain Picard though - I have huge respect for Sir Patrick - equal only to my huge respect for Sir Pterry.
. . . and I'm all like, "I wrote a book, innit," and they're all like, "Well where can we get it," and I'm all like, "Here . . ."
Temple_maiden

Postby Bouncy Castle » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:27 pm

I have even more respect for Sir Patrick, since he told James Cordon he was a fat git.

Or words to that effect!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre