NARNIA film

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

NARNIA film

Postby pip » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:40 am

Anyone expecting much from the third installment after how average the previous one was.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Re: NARNIA film

Postby DaveC » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:52 am

pip wrote:Anyone expecting much from the third installment after how average the previous one was.

I've heard it is pretty good, effects-wise anyway. Bough the first two at the weekend, I like the 2nd more than the 1st.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby pip » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:08 am

Second was the better book but thought the first film was a bit better.
They messed a little too much with the proper story in the second.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby DaveC » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:18 am

pip wrote:Second was the better book but thought the first film was a bit better.

Only read the books once, my memory is more of the BBC series from when I was a nipper, loved it at the time.

Still mean to get the DVDs of them sometime too. :)

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby pip » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:23 am

DaveC wrote:
pip wrote:Second was the better book but thought the first film was a bit better.

Only read the books once, my memory is more of the BBC series from when I was a nipper, loved it at the time.

Still mean to get the DVDs of them sometime too. :)

Its been years since i've seen them.
Definitelya nice set to pick up at some point.
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Tiffany » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:21 pm

I think the BBC version was better. I have both on DVD. Having written that, the effects in the film were better as it was more recent, but I still prefered the BBC's take on it.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby pip » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:22 pm

Tiffany wrote:I think the BBC version was better. I have both on DVD. Having written that, the effects in the film were better as it was more recent, but I still prefered the BBC's take on it.

More thought can be put in when the special effects aren't available. and the BBC adaption is a good example of this. :D
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby DaveC » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:38 pm

pip wrote:
Tiffany wrote:I think the BBC version was better. I have both on DVD. Having written that, the effects in the film were better as it was more recent, but I still prefered the BBC's take on it.

More thought can be put in when the special effects aren't available. and the BBC adaption is a good example of this. :D

Both versions do drag, though, considering how short the books are.

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby pip » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:29 pm

true
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Conforumist » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:21 am

The trailer was on this past Wednesday, when we went to see Harry Potter DH. It looks excellent. I have to say though, i was bored silly with the books. I could not finish them. (takes cover)
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby BatrickPatrick » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:39 am

I had them on tape...I don't think I'd have read them though. The only one I really liked as a child was the Horse and His Boy, and I don't think they'll make that one into a movie. *sadface*

I've only seen the first film and I think it's one of those things that 'cause it probably influenced later writers it now seems pretty generic. Even though it was new at the time...

I've also never really been into sickly messages of love and hope...But then I'm just bitter :lol:
Fus Ro Dah!
BatrickPatrick

Postby deldaisy » Mon Dec 06, 2010 11:27 am

BatrickPatrick wrote:I had them on tape...I don't think I'd have read them though. The only one I really liked as a child was the Horse and His Boy, and I don't think they'll make that one into a movie. *sadface*

I've only seen the first film and I think it's one of those things that 'cause it probably influenced later writers it now seems pretty generic. Even though it was new at the time...

I've also never really been into sickly messages of love and hope...But then I'm just bitter :lol:

Yep! Thats what I hated too. Minus the bitter part..... The teen has only just learnt it has religious connotations... but then we aren't a religious household. My little one says: Mummy, how come some people believe in God? I tell her... Well honey? You know how YOU believe in Santa and the Tooth Fairy and some kids your age don't? Well its like that! to which she said: Yes but I know Santa is real.... HE brings presents! :D Bless her little heart. She does have a point though.
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:36 pm

having watched film 2 last week, I have literally just finished 3, I enjoyed it I have a thing for dragons and mystical creatures its worth a watch but it wont be added to best film of all time category.
the effects were pretty good would be better viewed in a cinema and 3d version will add to the experience =]

I think it was better than the 2nd film :)

spoilers= contains dragon, mermaids,sea serpents.
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:36 pm

I wonder if they'll make a movie of the last book. There's a scene in there that came as a bit of a shock to me when I read it the first time. :shock:

Spoiler below - click three times to reveal the text - unless you haven't read the book. :wink:
spoilers wrote:Just about everyone gets killed when a train crashes into the platform they are standing on.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:23 am

Well maybe they should have been waiting on platform 9½ like the Hogwarts crowd. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Next

Return to TV, film, theatre