Truly terrible news...they're making a new Buffy film...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:18 am

Former Buffy star Anthony Head has claimed that remaking the series is "a horrible idea".

It was announced in November that Warner Bros is developing a feature film based on the series, without creator Joss Whedon.

Head told The Huffington Post: "It's a horrible idea in as much as Buffy was a great conceit. It was a great story. A great idea. I don't feel that you can then remake that without the original creator on board. It doesn't make sense."

He argued that the new adaptation was inspired only by a desire to "make money".

"Somewhere down the line, I suppose... you could [do a remake] but it never sits very comfortably," he said. "With someone like Joss, why would you want to?"

Head's former Buffy co-stars Nicholas Brendon and Eliza Dushku have also criticised the decision to remake the show, while Whedon himself has admitted that he has "mixed emotions" about the project.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:10 pm

I would still go and see it thoughjust to see if it was any good or utter crap. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:20 pm

I'd wait until the DVD was in the Bargain Bin!!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre