67%
no
25%
see what way the world bounces me
8%

Total votes : 24

Postby pip » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:11 pm

DaveC wrote:
pip wrote:Saw the film friday night and have to say i really enjoyed it.
I won't throw it any spoilers but in general at was a very good adaption from the book. some changes were apparent but not huge and no made up scenes like the previous film.

Cut off point actually worked as well.

How awesome was the animated sequence?

Still seen it in full just the once - think seeing it again on Friday. Seen lots of it in bits at work, though.

I wondered how they were going to do it in the film and was well impressed. It was like samurai jack at its best only better.
Death looked brilliant.

On a side note what about the guy playing Pius Thicknesse as a good call for Vetinari.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby DaveC » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:14 pm

pip wrote:
DaveC wrote:
pip wrote:Saw the film friday night and have to say i really enjoyed it.
I won't throw it any spoilers but in general at was a very good adaption from the book. some changes were apparent but not huge and no made up scenes like the previous film.

Cut off point actually worked as well.

How awesome was the animated sequence?

Still seen it in full just the once - think seeing it again on Friday. Seen lots of it in bits at work, though.

I wondered how they were going to do it in the film and was well impressed. It was like samurai jack at its best only better.
Death looked brilliant.

On a side note what about the guy playing Pius Thicknesse as a good call for Vetinari.

Not sure, he seems a bit too innoccent in my eyes, with not much going on in his noggin.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby pip » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:17 pm

seemed to have that thin look down.
looked more alert in the ministry shot than the mansion.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:47 pm

I hope to see it tomorrow. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby pip » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:55 pm

enjoy dug
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Tiffany » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:17 pm

Saw the film today. Brilliantly done, excellent acting, effects, in fact all of it. They did take the story for the first episode much further through the book than we, friend & I, expected though.
Looking forward to the DVD & the next film.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby ghostsecurity28 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 9:19 pm

I saw this last night it was not to bad would be better in the cinema though the animation part of the three brothers was great I could watch a whole movie with that animation =] ~spoiler~ i cried when the house elf died [invisibility font] :cry:
And in Heather's case, there were sometimes Third Thoughts and Fourth Thoughts, although these were quite difficult to manage and sometimes led her to walk into doors
ghostsecurity28

Postby Tiffany » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:14 pm

So did I ghostsecurity28 :cry:
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby DaveC » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:38 pm

First reviews in for HP: VII - Pt2...

Sorry it's the Daily Mail first...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/reviews/article-2012047/Harry-Potter-Deathly-Hallows-2-How-survive-hes-gone.html

Sounds awesome! :D

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:43 pm

I recently watched the first six movies - what a terrible actor Rupert Gint is! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby DaveC » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I recently watched the first six movies - what a terrible actor Rupert Gint is! :lol:

I like him, he has charm, something few actors have, he was the stand out from the first feel, damn funny.

In my opinion anyway... :wink:

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby pip » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:33 pm

I liked him in Driving Lessons as well as the whole HP thing. I can't imagine Ron as being in any way different to him. :D
Bloody Mail for the review Dave :roll: Ah well more will follow. Got my tickets booked :D
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby ChristianBecker » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:33 pm

I haven't seen any of the movies, yet, and I won't go to the cinema to watch HP 7.2 probably because I don't think I'll manage to watch the first 7 parts before it's out of the cinemas again.
I plan on watching the film eventually, though.
Chances are I won't like it, since most times I can't stand films of books I've read. And since I like the HP books very much (to think that a year before now I wouldn't have thought I'd ever say that, let alone thought I'd once have read them all) the movies will have a hard time convincing me.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby pip » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:35 pm

ChristianBecker wrote:I haven't seen any of the movies, yet, and I won't go to the cinema to watch HP 7.2 probably because I don't think I'll manage to watch the first 7 parts before it's out of the cinemas again.
Chances are I won't like it, since most times I can't stand films of books I've read. And since I like the HP books very much (to think that a year before now I wouldn't have thought I'd ever say that, let alone thought I'd once have read them all) the movies will have a hard time convincing me.

I loved the books and have to say that overall the films are quite good. Occasional blips yes but overall worth watching. :D sometimes adaptions can work very well :D
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby DaveC » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:38 pm

ChristianBecker wrote:I haven't seen any of the movies, yet, and I won't go to the cinema to watch HP 7.2 probably because I don't think I'll manage to watch the first 7 parts before it's out of the cinemas again.

My cinema are showing all preceding parts one a night from tomorrow onwards. :D

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre