yes
67%
no
25%
see what way the world bounces me
8%

Total votes : 24

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:25 pm

Saw it today. My first 3D film. :shock: The only good bit of 3D was at the end.
Very enjoyable, but I didn't cry. :?

I liked the 19 years later bit. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby pip » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:03 pm

Refused to see it in 3 D because it was a late add on . End bit was better than i thought but still a bit surreal . :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:11 pm

Just going out now to watch it in 3D, have not booked the ticket goint to check online what is available, then wander down and get one. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby DaveC » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:23 pm

Saw it in 2D and still jumped loads during the dragon bit. :) the 3D bits I've seen look bad...
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:17 pm

just waiting for HP to begin. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby pip » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:30 pm

Turn your phone off :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:20 pm

It was off Pip I have one of those phones that you can make silent but still text. :wink: and as I was on the back seats and the shitty adverts were blaring out no one could see. :P

Spoilers whited out........ :mrgreen:

Edited to add, brilliant don't give a monkeys what was printed in the book I really enjoyed the film, some of the 3D effects were good and that twist near the end was brilliant, I always thought he was not as bad as seemed.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby pip » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:16 am

Glad you enjoyed it. Had read the book so no suprises but envious of those who don't know whats coming in the film
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby raisindot » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:19 pm

[SPOILER ALERT]

Finally saw it last night (2D version).

Overall, thought it did a good job on keeping the darkness of the book and being relatively restrained in the use of special effect.

The one thing that bugged me the most was the final battle. Of all the things that varied from the book, this was the most unforgivable. Why the director decided to turn the book's dramatically satisfying tighly-paced, communal, psychological and physical confrontation between Harry and Voldemort into a long-drawn out, CGI-stuffed isolated western shootout that ended with a whimper rather than a cathartic bang is beyond me.
raisindot

Postby michelanCello » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:20 pm

raisindot wrote:[SPOILER ALERT]

Finally saw it last night (2D version).

Overall, thought it did a good job on keeping the darkness of the book and being relatively restrained in the use of special effect.

The one thing that bugged me the most was the final battle. Of all the things that varied from the book, this was the most unforgivable. Why the director decided to turn the book's dramatically satisfying tighly-paced, communal, psychological and physical confrontation between Harry and Voldemort into a long-drawn out, CGI-stuffed isolated western shootout that ended with a whimper rather than a cathartic bang is beyond me.

That's Holy Wood for you :roll: You just have to look beyond that part... I honestly think Yates did a really good job.
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre