New Mort animated film by Disney!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I can just imagine a song and dance routine based around "I could murder a curry". :lol:

All together now..

Dem bones, dem bones, dem dry bones,
Now shake dem skeleton bones!

Oh the bay leaves are stirred with the cardamom,
the cardamom is fried with the tumeric,
the tumeric is spiced with the coriander
Now shake the karahi to taste.

Dem bones etc..
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:35 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:58 am

Daylight come an me wanna go home. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:12 am

It's the merchandising that bothers me. Maybe we really will get a My Little Binky playset. :shock:

Or McDonalds doing a Curry Mac as a Happy Meal. :o
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:33 am

Tonyblack wrote:It's the merchandising that bothers me. Maybe we really will get a My Little Binky playset. :shock:

Oh I hope so, I can just imagine the accessories :)

Tonyblack wrote:Or McDonalds doing a Curry Mac as a Happy Meal. :o

Now that I can live without
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby polythenegirl » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:43 am

Do you not think its more possible now with Tim Burton on board with Disney? Its a vey Burton-esque adaptation.

P.S. i'm at work so can't read a lot of the links so apologies if I am way way off track with this
Polythene Girl

*mwah*
polythenegirl

Postby pip » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:58 am

Tonyblack wrote:It's the merchandising that bothers me. Maybe we really will get a My Little Binky playset. :shock:

Or McDonalds doing a Curry Mac as a Happy Meal. :o

Wouldn't mind a deaths domain doll house though :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:08 am

Disney is Pixar and Pixar is Disney however much they might not have liked that at first. With the Brothers Grimm and their nephew gone now, the full-on Disney treacle ethic's over and Eisner doesn't much care what his director/producers do so long as the $$ keep coming, so why complain with such a large reputation and mostly pockets to match behind you...? Tolkien sold both TH and LotR to them (tax bill! :lol: ) and they chose to pass up and sell on in the end, so they're not the power-trippers they were and know when something's beyond them. :roll:

Burton never gets that far from Disney although he's talented, stylish and successful enough to dictate what he does and how he does it - the original article mentions the Black Cauldron - look at the credits :twisted: That was his first major animation project... :wink:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby pip » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:15 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Disney is Pixar and Pixar is Disney however much they might not have liked that at first. With the Brothers Grimm and their nephew gone now, the full-on Disney treacle ethic's over and Eisner doesn't much care what his director/producers do so long as the $$ keep coming, so why complain with such a large reputation and mostly pockets to match behind you...? Tolkien sold both TH and LotR to them (tax bill! :lol: ) and they chose to pass up and sell on in the end, so they're not the power-trippers they were and know when something's beyond them. :roll:

Burton never gets that far from Disney although he's talented, stylish and successful enough to dictate what he does and how he does it - the original article mentions the Black Cauldron - look at the credits :twisted: That was his first major animation project... :wink:

Didn't know that about Burton.

Always liked the Black Cauldron.

All we can really do is wait and hope.

Might even let david jason do one of the voices :lol:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

OH NO THEY DIDNT lol

Postby ramtopsman » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:25 am

Ive already started animating mort =[

DAM YOU DISNEY DAMMMMMMM YOU

:(

Ehhhhhh well if they are making it as a musical esk film thats gonna ruin it then mine will be better because mine is to the Play by Stephen briggs :wink:
Check out all things pratchett at

www.youtube.com/user/ramtopsman
ramtopsman

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:13 pm

If Disney get their hands on it, quite frankly I can't imagine that the finished product will bear any relation to the book.

:roll:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby polythenegirl » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:14 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:If Disney get their hands on it, quite frankly I can't imagine that the finished product will bear any relation to the book.

I don't know. i think if you have someone like Burton involved it might not be too far from the book
Polythene Girl

*mwah*
polythenegirl

Postby overhawk » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:44 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:If Disney get their hands on it, quite frankly I can't imagine that the finished product will bear any relation to the book.

The Black Cauldron was pretty faithful to the Book of three if I remember correctly. Didn't really have anything to do with the Black Cauldron, but by that logic they could call it Mort and base it off a different book like Reaper Man 8)
overhawk

Postby overhawk » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:03 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Burton never gets that far from Disney although he's talented, stylish and successful enough to dictate what he does and how he does it - the original article mentions the Black Cauldron - look at the credits :twisted: That was his first major animation project... :wink:

It's being done by John Musker, and Ron Clements the guys that did:
The Great Mouse Detective, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Hercules, and Treasure Planet. All of these films were loose adaptions of something.
By the way Blue sky Disney posted an update to the story @
http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2010/11/mort-info.html
The plot of the book is discussed though so there might be spoilers for those who have not read Mort.
overhawk

Postby pip » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:10 pm

overhawk wrote:
Jan Van Quirm wrote:Burton never gets that far from Disney although he's talented, stylish and successful enough to dictate what he does and how he does it - the original article mentions the Black Cauldron - look at the credits :twisted: That was his first major animation project... :wink:

It's being done by John Musker, and Ron Clements the guys that did:
The Great Mouse Detective, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Hercules, and Treasure Planet. All of these films were loose adaptions of something.
By the way Blue sky Disney posted an update to the story @
http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2010/11/mort-info.html
The plot of the book is discussed though so there might be spoilers for those who have not read Mort.

Or summarise the whole book maybe :lol:

It is funny watching people who haven't read the books speculating on the story.

Death as a villain. :lol:
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre