New Mort animated film by Disney!

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby overhawk » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:35 pm

pip wrote:[
Death as a villain. :lol:

Even if that’s what that person believes the movie Hercules had Hades as a villain and he is basically the Greek version of the Devil :shock:
overhawk

Postby pip » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:47 pm

overhawk wrote:

Even if that’s what that person believes the movie Hercules had Hades as a villain and he is basically the Greek version of the Devil :shock:

Hades was just the brother who drew the short straw. He's certainly not as evil as the devil.
He oversees a shadow realm rather than a type of hell.
The greek equivalent is Tartarus were people are punished such as Tantalus etc. They've villainised Hades slightly unfairly. :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby overhawk » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:51 pm

pip wrote:
overhawk wrote:

Hades was just the brother who drew the short straw. He's certainly not as evil as the devil.
The greek equivalent is Tartarus were people are punished such as Tantalus etc. They've villainised Hades slightly unfairly. :D

My bad, so he is the equivalent of Death then is what you’re saying, except with more pathos? :?
overhawk

Postby pip » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:43 pm

overhawk wrote:
pip wrote:
overhawk wrote:

My bad, so he is the equivalent of Death then is what you’re saying, except with more pathos? :?

Nope . That was Thanatos. Hades was in charge of the region of the dead but not the moment as Death in discworld is.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby polythenegirl » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:57 pm

Okay so not Burton but still not a bad combination. If its going to be Disney its never going to be as satirical and dark and it could be and in the absence of Burton those 2 don't seem bad choices. all of those Disney films I like :D
Polythene Girl

*mwah*
polythenegirl

Postby mystmoon » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:57 pm

pip wrote:It is funny watching people who haven't read the books speculating on the story.

I couldn't resist, I had to try to put them right :lol:
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby pip » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:26 am

mystmoon wrote:
pip wrote:It is funny watching people who haven't read the books speculating on the story.

I couldn't resist, I had to try to put them right :lol:

Had to myself.

People don't understand the job sadly.

:?
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre