Wallander

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Wallander

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:23 pm

Anyone here been watching the Swedish version of Wallander on BBC4?

I am soooo totally in love with Krister Henriksson! :oops:

I've read a couple of the books, but couldn't get on with them. I found them very depressing.

I much prefer it to the English version, with Kenneth Branagh <?sp? which is far too "angsty" for me, and doesn't give the supporting cast much of a chance to shine.

The great news (for me!) is that there are negotiations going on at the moment to bring out the DVDs in the whole of Europe, and not just Scandinavia.

A Danish friend of mine went home for Christmas a couple of years ago, and I asked her to see if she could get me some Wallander DVDs.

I said I'd go up to £50, thinking that I would certainly get a whole series boxset.

THREE DVDs only! :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:28 pm

Haven't seen the Swedish version, but enjoyed the British version. It's going to be shown on PBS in the US soon. :D

Does anyone else find his mobile phone tune really annoying? I read somewhere that so many people have enquired about it (it was specially designed) that it's now available. :shock:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:11 am

Ahhh the power of Television!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby David Brown » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:11 pm

I love the Krister Henriksson version, but switched off episode one of the Branagh when he introduced himself as "WollUNDah."
David Brown

Postby meerkat » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:29 pm

David Brown wrote:I love the Krister Henriksson version, but switched off episode one of the Branagh when he introduced himself as "WollUNDah."

Much the same, Dave. Loved the Krister Henriksson version. Really meaty and the one about child abuse really got to me!
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:31 pm

There seems to be three versions knocking about.

This guy: Kenneth Brannagh

This guy: Krister Henriksson

and this guy: Rolf Lassgård

Would the real Kurt Wallander please stand up. :lol:

It seems that the Rolf Lassgård and the Kenneth Brannagh episodes are closer to the books than Krister Henriksson. But I think I enjoyed the Henriksson ones the most.
Last edited by Tonyblack on Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby meerkat » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:36 pm

Middle one, Krister Henriksson.
Just a meerkat from The Effing Forest
meerkat

Re: Wallander

Postby WannabeAngua » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:18 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Anyone here been watching the Swedish version of Wallander on BBC4?

I am soooo totally in love with Krister Henriksson! :oops:

I've read a couple of the books, but couldn't get on with them. I found them very depressing.

I much prefer it to the English version, with Kenneth Branagh <?sp? which is far too "angsty" for me, and doesn't give the supporting cast much of a chance to shine.

The great news (for me!) is that there are negotiations going on at the moment to bring out the DVDs in the whole of Europe, and not just Scandinavia.

A Danish friend of mine went home for Christmas a couple of years ago, and I asked her to see if she could get me some Wallander DVDs.

I said I'd go up to £50, thinking that I would certainly get a whole series boxset.

THREE DVDs only! :lol:

I've always preferred Lassgård.
If you want I can try and get you some Wallander movies.
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Return to TV, film, theatre