Anime

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby mystmoon » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:00 am

ahhhhhhhhh igotfullmetalalchemistbrotherhood2andwolfsrainandgoingpostalandtheitcrowdit'sawesome!

if you can tell what i just said you get virtual cookies :D
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby bikkit » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:56 am

igotfullmetalalchemist2tooomgroyissobadassbuthisabslookwierd :( anyhooi'minvitingloasafriendsroundtomorrowforaprofessorlaytonparty :D

Congratulationsongettingwolf'srain(whatverthatis)andgoingpostalandtheitcrowd(whateverthatis)

Now can I rescue my virtual brethren from you clutches?

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby mystmoon » Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:46 pm

I keeps my priomises!
Professor Layton party sounds fun, are you dresing up? i'm having a hetalia murder mystery night, 18 countries in one house getting murdered...it's gonna be fun!
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby Danny B » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:18 pm

I've just watched High School of the Dead. Entertaining, but it's very important not to let the squicky fanservice in episode one put you off. I get the impression the creators wanted to get it all out of the way as quickly as possible, while making it almost impossible to enjoy it very much, which I suppose they deserve some (but not much) credit for. If I hadn't taken the word of a good friend, then I would have stopped before the end of the first episode and missed out on a quite enjoyable action/horror series.

Film-wise, I've watched Kiki's Delivery Service, which is one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Sweet, virtually plotless and relentlessly feel good in its approach. At the recommendation of a different friend (who shall be receiving a ding 'round the earhole if we ever meet face to face :|) I tried The Adventure Duo... Ugggggh! :shock: I'm not easily offended or grossed out, but that one managed to do both.

BTW, re my question about Legend of Black Heaven a few months ago... It's bloomin' brilliant! Reading a summary of the show doesn't do it justice. The creators manage to turn a silly sounding premise into a touching and highly enjoyable drama. Worth seeking out.
Carpe carpio*

* Correction - Carpio diem
Danny B

Postby Ash » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:28 pm

The idea of a Hetalia murder mystery was so good i have started a Hetalia thread! Oh and Kikis Delivery Service was not a film I expected to like either but after seeing it on film 4 I ended up buying it. It is such a, well I can not think of another word to describe it but gentle (kinda like last of the summer wine) that you can not help but like it.
Ash

Postby mystmoon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:08 am

I've been reluctant to bring hetalia up too much in case people got offended by it so thanks for doing that ash!
I like Kiki's Delivery Service, but I have to admit that I like Laputa more...sorry!
ugh, fanservice annoys me so much! I've seen it put so many people off anime that I think it's a bit counterproductive!
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Postby bikkit » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:09 am

@Myst moon. Yepp. :D 'Twas fun.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby mystmoon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:31 pm

@ bikkit what did you dress up as?
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Postby bikkit » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:20 pm

The professor *my party my rules :P

One of my friends stuck a number plate to their forehead and wore an orange shirt and said "I'm the Laytonmobile!"

bikkit

Postby mystmoon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:32 pm

do you have pictures?
i love weird cosplay like that, but i can never think of any!
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Postby DaveC » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:27 pm

Just going to throw my two pence into visi thread: The only anime series I have seen is Cowboy Bebop and the film. I've seen about two thirds of the studio Ghiblis and I've seen Steamboy and Ghost in the Shell. Thats off the top of my head, I know I have seen more films than series that's for sure!
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby mystmoon » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:38 pm

films are easier to get hold of, i suppose, cos if you want a series, you have to buy the entire box set (unless you are like me and watch online)
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Postby DaveC » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:43 pm

mystmoon wrote:films are easier to get hold of, i suppose, cos if you want a series, you have to buy the entire box set (unless you are like me and watch online)
Yeah. I borrowed that Bebop boxset too. :)

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

Postby Ash » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:06 pm

The Bebop movie was impressive, while I could never get into the series I thought the movie was really good.
Ash

Postby DaveC » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:14 am

I don't normally watched the dubbed versions of films but I am really excited that real-life comedy husband and wife legends Amy Poehler and Will Arnett will voice Arrietty's parents in the new Ghibli adaptation of The Borrower's called the The Borrower Arrietty

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48096

Check out my short film!

This Is...
DaveC

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre