Anime

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby mystmoon » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:17 pm

I'm really looking forward to it, although I know the story will probably be nothing like the borrowers
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby DaveC » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:24 pm

I enjoyed watching the BBC TV series from the early 90s with Ian Holm and Penelope Wilton playing the parents. :D But I haven't read the books or seen the film with John Goodman. :(
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Ash » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:22 pm

Even if the story is nothing like the borrowers its a Studio Ghibli movie so it is bound to be good. They did a good adaption of Howls Moving Castle though so I have faith that they will do a good job of it.
Ash

Postby Ash » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:58 pm

I was watching Excel Saga yesterday and thought I would ask did anyone on here ever watch the show Saiko Exciting on the sci-fi channel? It used to show J-Pop, Nadesico, Evangelion, and show Fruits fashion segments.
Ash

Postby mystmoon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:06 am

Never heard of it, heard of Excel Saga though, is it any good?
I've been getting into Gosick recently, it's a detective story set inbetween the world wars
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby Ash » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:56 pm

Excel Saga is completely inaccessible as an anime until you have read the manga. It is one of those series where the episodes miss out whole chunks of the story, much as it is... (Excel Saga on briefly bothers with a story). Yet if you can ever get your hands on the manga it is well worth checking out as it is really funny, particualarly the chapters where it spoofs popular genres like survival horror and fantasy role-play. I am going to check out Gosick though, sounds interesting.
Ash

Postby mystmoon » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:41 pm

I just bought Ranma 1/2. If you can get over the ridiculous premise, it's pretty funny!
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Postby mystmoon » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:55 am

Because the manga thread is now full of people argueing over whether the japanese are sexist or not, I'll post my manga news here as well as my anime news
So anime; started watching Level E, which is about aliens secretly living on Earth and features a completely hyper blonde alien (YAY!)
I've also been watching beyblade for my friends "amateur watch" idea (where an expert and an amateur watch an episode of an anime which the expert knows but the amateur doesn't) and it's not as bad as I was worried it would be!
Ahh, and I have a DVD of ROD TV series looking at me going "watch meeeee" but that will have to wait til morning I think
Manga wise- reading cardcaptor Sakura and Ranma 1/2 still. Also found an interesting Korean manga called Leon, about a fox-boy, but I've barely started that
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre