3D

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby The_Discworldaholic » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:04 pm

where im working were at the moment configuring the new 3d/reald digital cinema systems for one of the big companies, reald is wow omg fantastic it blows 3d out of the water and another interesting fact lol is that anything screened from these projectors is watermarked so if copies are made they know where when and who was working the projector, damn theres loads of other interesting stuff about this but im not allowed to say lol probably said to much already ;)
The_Discworldaholic

Postby mystmoon » Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:43 pm

I've watched a few 3D films, but I do end up with tired eyes afterwards.
I didn't realise that in Avatar, several of the "inside" human scenes are actually 2D, so you can have a break then.
I thought Alice really benefitted from 3D though (The Cheshire Cat worked brilliantly in it)
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby Cheery » Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:32 pm

It did :lol: I love the cheshire cat!

It does make your eyes very tired, but to watch a 3D film every now and then is quite cool. But not for all films. Some are better without.
Cheery

Postby DivingBudgie » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:14 am

As someone who has to sit at the very back of the cinema in order not to get a headache when watching movies (half the time I want to be further back) I did not have any problems with Avatar (the only 3D movie I have seen recently) I went to Shark boy and Lava girl in 3D but that was the apppaling red/blue with red/blue lenses that just plain hurt.

I don't think evey film deserves nor needs to be shot in 3D but I loved Avatar the imagery etc.

I did buy the aviator specs on sale as I found the plastic frames of the freebes was in my vision the whole movie.

Oh and in the interest of scientific research (does that sound reasonable?) I conducted the experiment of watching the movie more then once. (okay about 4 times what can I say I want to be a Navii)
"The two most common elements in the universe are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison
DivingBudgie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:55 am

DivingBudgie wrote:I conducted the experiment of watching the movie more then once. (okay about 4 times what can I say I want to be a Navii)

Me too! Rainforest Elves! (Tolkien types :wink: ) Definitely getting the DVD
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Previous

Return to TV, film, theatre