Would you listen to this -

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Morty » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:48 pm

poohcarrot wrote:Shouldn't think so. I'm going to bed. Here's some Motorhead (and The Young Ones)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTd1SSYYyss


Oh now your talking Motorhead are at the top of the bands I'd wish I'd seen. I can't tell if that was mimed or done live but if it was live it was a hell of a performance.

Sleep well and I look forward to seeing you in the music room soon.
User avatar
Morty
Member
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:31 pm

A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
User avatar
Sjoerd3000
Member
 
Posts: 8797
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Postby Morty » Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:51 pm

Please accept my apologies before clicking on the link Sjoerd3000 but I thought you would have chosen this lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeRa3RtBiIU
User avatar
Morty
Member
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:04 pm

apologies accepted quite understandable :lol:
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
User avatar
Sjoerd3000
Member
 
Posts: 8797
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:23 pm
Location: Groningen, The Netherlands

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:19 pm

Mortimer Postlethwaite wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:Shouldn't think so. I'm going to bed. Here's some Motorhead (and The Young Ones)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTd1SSYYyss


Oh now your talking Motorhead are at the top of the bands I'd wish I'd seen. I can't tell if that was mimed or done live but if it was live it was a hell of a performance.

Sleep well and I look forward to seeing you in the music room soon.
I seem to remember it was live, I've seen Motorhead live more than once and Lemmy when he was in Hawkwind with the mighty Moorcock, happy days. :D
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14516
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Postby Morty » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:39 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:
Mortimer Postlethwaite wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:Shouldn't think so. I'm going to bed. Here's some Motorhead (and The Young Ones)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTd1SSYYyss


Oh now your talking Motorhead are at the top of the bands I'd wish I'd seen. I can't tell if that was mimed or done live but if it was live it was a hell of a performance.

Sleep well and I look forward to seeing you in the music room soon.
I seem to remember it was live, I've seen Motorhead live more than once and Lemmy when he was in Hawkwind with the mighty Moorcock, happy days. :D


The first time I saw Hawkwind was in 1971 and I was blown away by the performance. They used play in complete darkness with just a couple of strobe lights that got faster and faster in time with the music. This was all before anyone had twigged that strobes lights affected people with epilepsy. There were people dropping all over the place. The last time I saw them was about two years ago. They arrived in a couple of second hand Fed Ex vans that had been painted out with emulsion paint. They reeked to high heaven of drugs and varying degrees of body odour and quite frankly had lost it on stage as well.

If that performance by Motorhead was live then I’m really disappointed I never got to see them :evil: I don’t remember Lemmy being with Hawkwind in 1971 and he certainly wasn’t with them the last time I saw them. He’s had a hard life hasn’t he? :lol:
User avatar
Morty
Member
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Postby Lady Vetinari » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:42 pm

I have never been to a concert ... ever, ever, ever ... I guess I missed out on something ...
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Image
User avatar
Lady Vetinari
Member
 
Posts: 1028
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:17 pm
Location: Sator Square Patricians Palace Ankh Morpork

Postby Kladivo » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:02 pm

Sjoerd3000 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK2T2aPooy4
Sorry couldn't resist :P


I know that one very well actually, never thought I'd hear it in this country though :) Oddly enough, it might be one of the greatest Soviet 'anthems' but musically it's based on a traditional Polish dance Polonez (from French polonaise) examples of which we can find among Chopin's works...

And now, for something completely different.

The Larch.

Einstein he ain't but what a f*****g voice!
Duvvelsheyss!
User avatar
Kladivo
Member
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:09 am
Location: Uberwaldleedsgothamerbyshire

Postby Morty » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:08 pm

Lady Vetinari wrote:I have never been to a concert ... ever, ever, ever ... I guess I missed out on something ...


I’m guessing that I’m considerably older than you Lady V but if you’ve never been to a concert then yes you are missing out. The late 1960’s and early 1970’s was a wonderful period to go to see live music. In my list of bands that I’ve seen live I did make one big mistake. I left out The Halle Orchestra and Choir.

I was going out with the future Mrs Postlethwaite at the time and one night she dragged me kicking and screaming to a performance by the orchestra and choir. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening and we went many times to see them before we got married and began a life of poverty :evil:

At the earliest opportunity I urge you to go see any live concert.

Live music is addictive :D
User avatar
Morty
Member
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Postby Morty » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:16 pm

Kladivo wrote:
Sjoerd3000 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK2T2aPooy4
Sorry couldn't resist :P


I know that one very well actually, never thought I'd hear it in this country though :) Oddly enough, it might be one of the greatest Soviet 'anthems' but musically it's based on a traditional Polish dance Polonez (from French polonaise) examples of which we can find among Chopin's works...

And now, for something completely different.

The Larch.

Einstein he ain't but what a f*****g voice!



I'm not too struck on the band or the song but you definitely win the prize for today's eye candy video Kladivo......Cold shower time I think :oops:
User avatar
Morty
Member
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Postby Kladivo » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:40 pm

Here, old chap, a treat especially for you then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W7hpm0MP6k

And something for the flashy generation:
*Warning, contains some nudity*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZWXHSKu6m0

Unless you were referring to Mr Danzig, in which case I recommend his live clips :)
Duvvelsheyss!
User avatar
Kladivo
Member
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:09 am
Location: Uberwaldleedsgothamerbyshire

Postby Morty » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:05 am

Bugger another cold shower needed :oops:

Are you aware that taking cold showers at my age can cause heart attacks

Looking at gorgeous women at my age isn’t a good idea either and that’s only speaking about the Bryan Ferry clip.

The second one is nothing but pornography. I saw the first 4 seconds and immediately hit the stop button. Would you believe it my computer stuck I had to sit and watch all 3m 49secs of the disgusting filthy rubbish :wink:

If you have more links like that the second one will you PM them to me.

I am outraged and am considering reporting this thread to the moderators


It’s been a good day Kladivo ....Thanks once again for starting this thread

Time for this old fella to get some rest. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Got a blinder that I’ll put on in the morning 8)

I just know I’m going to dream about that second clip :oops: :oops: :oops:
User avatar
Morty
Member
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:20 am

Mortimer Postlethwaite wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:
Mortimer Postlethwaite wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:Shouldn't think so. I'm going to bed. Here's some Motorhead (and The Young Ones)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTd1SSYYyss


Oh now your talking Motorhead are at the top of the bands I'd wish I'd seen. I can't tell if that was mimed or done live but if it was live it was a hell of a performance.

Sleep well and I look forward to seeing you in the music room soon.
I seem to remember it was live, I've seen Motorhead live more than once and Lemmy when he was in Hawkwind with the mighty Moorcock, happy days. :D
Lemmy joined in 72 but got thrown out for getting done for drugs in europe. :lol:

The first time I saw Hawkwind was in 1971 and I was blown away by the performance. They used play in complete darkness with just a couple of strobe lights that got faster and faster in time with the music. This was all before anyone had twigged that strobes lights affected people with epilepsy. There were people dropping all over the place. The last time I saw them was about two years ago. They arrived in a couple of second hand Fed Ex vans that had been painted out with emulsion paint. They reeked to high heaven of drugs and varying degrees of body odour and quite frankly had lost it on stage as well.

If that performance by Motorhead was live then I’m really disappointed I never got to see them :evil: I don’t remember Lemmy being with Hawkwind in 1971 and he certainly wasn’t with them the last time I saw them. He’s had a hard life hasn’t he? :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14516
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Postby Kladivo » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:31 am

Nighty, night sir :)

Oi, Pooh, what says you about THIS ONE?
Duvvelsheyss!
User avatar
Kladivo
Member
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:09 am
Location: Uberwaldleedsgothamerbyshire

Postby Morty » Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:03 am

What a way to start the weekend. For my money the greatest guitarist of all time. I was lucky enough see Jimi Hendrix at the 1969 Isle of White festival. No magic computer driven box of tricks like The Edge uses in U2 just pure genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7yPRYL_Oq0
User avatar
Morty
Member
 
Posts: 1351
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:37 pm

PreviousNext

Return to TV, film, theatre

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest