What Are You Reading? 3

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What Are You Reading? 3

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:25 pm

Enjoy them Mad I did but I'm a big Moorcock fan, and they look good in the bookcase, they duplicate some of the 1st's I already have.
They were put together by Debbie when she started the Millennium imprint, she went on to marry Tad Williams. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:31 pm

Speaking of Douglas Adams, Do you know what I found at the charity shop? All 4 Hitch Hiker books plus Mostly Harmless, in very good nick. I was looking at replacing my copies cause they are the only copies I've ever bought and they're quite old now.

How good is that? It was meant to be :romance-admire:
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:50 pm

Good find SJen I liked the American edition from Bonanza it had extra stories in it.http://www.amazon.com/Adams-Douglas-Com ... the+galaxy loved the cover.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:38 pm

im reading the death series and im on the sixth called unrequited death
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:45 pm

Who is that by Chris :?:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sister Jennifer » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:55 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Good find SJen I liked the American edition from Bonanza it had extra stories in it.http://www.amazon.com/Adams-Douglas-Com ... the+galaxy loved the cover.

That does look good, I think I'll have to get a copy. The cover for the Mostly Harmless edition I found is a little bit similar -

Image.

I couldn't find the covers for the other 4 books but they are published by Pan.

Happy reading all.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby chris.ph » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:06 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Who is that by Chris :?:

no idea :lol: :lol: , started off with the first three free on the kindle and they made me laugh outloud so i bought the rest :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby =Tamar » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:06 pm

chris.ph wrote:

no idea :lol: :lol: , started off with the first three free on the kindle and they made me laugh outloud so i bought the rest :D

The series of six books is by Tamara Rose Blodgett. Unrequited Death is the finale.
=Tamar

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:35 pm

chris.ph wrote:

So it was written by a blind four legged quadruped wiff antlers. ;) :lol:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bickaxe » Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:53 pm

The Eye of Zoltar. Jasper Fforde

The third installment of the dragonslayer books is essentially a road trip with the expected side of bizarre and fantastic.
Enjoyable.

Currently reading.... Fools Assassin by Robin Hobb
Fitz is back and he's all growed up. That's as far as I can go without spoilers. Just started chapter 6.....
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Aug 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Bickaxe wrote:Currently reading.... Fools Assassin by Robin Hobb

It's been a while but I've read The Liveship Traders and Farseer trilogies, they were excellent.

Have just started reading I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:06 pm

I'm reading and enjoying the book that 12 Years A Slave is based on. "Twelve Years a Slave" by Solomon Northup. The book was published in 1853 and is a memoir of the actual events.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:34 pm

Just before leaving on my trip, I read a book called Why Are You So Sad? by Jason Porter. It was hilarious! One of the funniest books I've read in a long time.

Porter’s uproarious, intelligent debut centers on Raymond Champs, an illustrator of assembly manuals for a home furnishings corporation, who is charged with a huge task: To determine whether or not the world needs saving. It comes to him in the midst of a losing battle with insomnia — everybody he knows, and maybe everybody on the planet, is suffering from severe clinical depression. He’s nearly certain something has gone wrong. A virus perhaps. It’s in the water, or it’s in the mosquitoes, or maybe in the ranch flavored snack foods. And what if we are all too sad and dispirited to do anything about it? Obsessed as he becomes, Raymond composes an anonymous survey to submit to his unsuspecting coworkers — “Are you who you want to be?”, “Do you believe in life after death?”, “Is today better than yesterday?” — because what Raymond needs is data. He needs to know if it can be proven. It’s a big responsibility. People might not believe him. People, like his wife and his boss, might think he is losing his mind. But only because they are also losing their minds. Or are they?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:43 am

^ They both look like very good reads.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:35 pm

I got a copy of the Hive it's a proof trade paperback copy at Worldcon which won the T.P. award it looks quite good just had a flick through it. It looks to a bit cycberpunkish.

Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books