The Pooh Pit

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

So who do you want to be the Republican Candidate to get wiped out by Obama?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:38 pm

Mittens
0
No votes
Frothy
0
No votes
Newt
1
50%
Paul Ron
1
50%
A.N.Other
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 2

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby poohcarrot » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:03 am

:o It's gone! :o
Where did it go Pinflod? :?

"Lard! Melts in your mouth, not in your hands."
Last edited by poohcarrot on Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby Penfold » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:09 am

I realised after I posted that my sense of humour hadn't quite woken up and caught up with the rest of my body. I thought you were mistaken and being serious using "Lard" instead of certain chocolate brands and only realized my mistake after I had hit the submit button. :oops: :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
10
User avatar
Penfold
Member
 
Posts: 7227
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:59 am
Location: Worthing

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:52 pm

I know those Kindle jobbies are the spawn of satan, but I'm interested in how they work. :think:
(Don't worry Pip, I have no intention of ever buying one. :dance: )

There must be a search function. Can you input a word or a phrase and it tells you what page number it's on?

If so, can somebody look up in Long Earth the words "rabbit hole" for me, please. I've read it twice and I'm pretty sure I saw it but can't remember where. :?

I have an absolutely stonky Long Earth theory brewing which could make the Da Vinci Code seem like the Sun crossword. 8-)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby pip » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:12 pm

Are you going down the Alice in Wonderland route with the whole math thingy :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
User avatar
pip
Member
 
Posts: 9385
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 am
Location: KILDARE

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:26 pm

I think TP and SB were trying to say something, but couldn't. 8-)
So instead they left a code. 8-)
I stumbled on a completely bizarre coincidence, which gave me a number, which when transposed back to Long Earth led to an even bizarrerer anagram which is bordering on the spooky (if it wasn't meant).

If the words "rabbit hole" appear, then I'm cooking with charcoal. 8-)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby poohcarrot » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:31 pm

...I'm on to page 169 with my third read and know what I'm looking for, so maybe I'll find it myself, and then damn Kindle and all Kindle owners to eternal damnation for not helping me search. :twisted:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby raisindot » Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:19 pm

poohcarrot wrote:I think TP and SB were trying to say something, but couldn't. 8-)
So instead they left a code. 8-)
I stumbled on a completely bizarre coincidence, which gave me a number, which when transposed back to Long Earth led to an even bizarrerer anagram which is bordering on the spooky (if it wasn't meant).

If the words "rabbit hole" appear, then I'm cooking with charcoal. 8-)



Uh oh. Pooh's going tinfoil hat again. Sending some Tea Party bumper stickers your way to distract you. :D
raisindot
Member
 
Posts: 3219
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:28 pm
Location: Boston, MA USA

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:38 pm

poohcarrot wrote:...I'm on to page 169 with my third read and know what I'm looking for, so maybe I'll find it myself, and then damn Kindle and all Kindle owners to eternal damnation for not helping me search. :twisted:

You should get a Kindle and search yourself Pooh, as I have the hardback I won't be downloading it to my Kindle,may get it as an audbile Book though. :lol: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
User avatar
Who's Wee Dug
Member
 
Posts: 14880
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: Stirlingshire, Scotland

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:49 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:You should get a Kindle and search yourself Pooh, as I have the hardback I won't be downloading it to my Kindle,may get it as an audbile Book though. :lol: :mrgreen:


I don't do hardbacks, only UK proofs (and US proofs to read) 8-)
Whether or not I've got a double signed UK proof of Long Earth is something I'm not prepared to talk about. 8-)

As for getting a Kindle? There's absolutely no chance! :dance:

I have no desire to flaunt my pseudo-techno savi-nesss, or my wealth, on what I regard as the "Filofax" of the twen-teens. :dance:

But if anyone wants to spend their life getting more and more dependent on machines, good luck to 'em. That's their choice. :dance:

(I took my family to watch fireflies tonight - bet you can't get that on a Kindle. :dance: )
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby poohcarrot » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:59 pm

raisindot wrote:
poohcarrot wrote:I think TP and SB were trying to say something, but couldn't. 8-)
So instead they left a code. 8-)
I stumbled on a completely bizarre coincidence, which gave me a number, which when transposed back to Long Earth led to an even bizarrerer anagram which is bordering on the spooky (if it wasn't meant).

If the words "rabbit hole" appear, then I'm cooking with charcoal. 8-)



Uh oh. Pooh's going tinfoil hat again. Sending some Tea Party bumper stickers your way to distract you. :D


I'm sure even you have noticed, J-I*b, that TP tends to pick names for a reason eg; Goodmountain (Guttenberg) in The Truth.
No doubt you've already explored that particular avenue with Long Earth characters, haven't you? :ugeek:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:37 am

Yippee! Found the quote! :dance:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby michelanCello » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:47 pm

Found this for you, Pooh: the official Olimpics song ;)

Listen.
User avatar
michelanCello
Member
 
Posts: 8753
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:53 pm

Cheers mC. :dance:

I stumbled across that yesterday and had a listen. I was going to post it later today for you. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby michelanCello » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:56 pm

poohcarrot wrote:Cheers mC. :dance:

I stumbled across that yesterday and had a listen. I was going to post it later today for you. :lol:

Well, what a coincidence ;)
Listen.
User avatar
michelanCello
Member
 
Posts: 8753
Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 6:08 pm
Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Re: The Pooh Pit

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:00 pm

It's a bit pants, if you ask me - sounds like a Queen rip-off. :ugeek:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
User avatar
poohcarrot
Member
 
Posts: 10425
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:11 pm
Location: NOT The land of the risen Son!!

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests