Conn Iggledon

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Lady Vetinari » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:16 pm

We just all have our ideas...

I am scared of getting my book published ... until I know for sure, at least, that Himmler's daughter is dead - as I can see her suing me for 'misrepresentation of character ...'

As for historical accuracy on events that happened thousands of years before ... how do we know what is accurate ... and not? History is objective and most famously written by the winners.

Nowadays we can put a bit more neutrality into it and think about it more from individual perspectives and think - well ... what if?

For centuries people dumbly accepted Shakespeare's portrayal of Richard III. Until now! Now people are fighting to have his name cleared of the 'crimes' he had supposed to be committed. Remember the reason why Shakespeare made him out to be evil because he was writing for Elizabeth 1st ... and her grandfather won the battle of Bosworth - So ... again ... written by the winners.

Can we trust so-called historical accuracy? Me, I'll take my chances with fiction - it may be more true than you think!
Who Watches The WatchMan?

Lady Vetinari

Postby theoldlibrarian » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:20 pm

Remember no fictional book is based on this planet. At best on one remarkably similar to our own.
It is not enough to succeed, others must fail
-Gore Vidal
theoldlibrarian

Previous

Return to Non-Discworld books