Looking for tips on fantasy books

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Looking for tips on fantasy books

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:23 pm

If you want to try some other humorous authors there is Robert Rankin (who Terry finds funny) and Tom Holt is another ,or you could try Jack Vance Dying Earth books they are stand alone books with a central character,and also Ursala Le Guin Earthsea books,and Glen Cook "Garret PI" again all stand alone books again with a central character.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Hvitveis » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:48 am

Than you so much, everyone! I think I might have to try and find some of these second hand, else I'll be eating spaghetti with ketchup for dinner the rest of the semester..
Hvitveis

Postby pip » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:42 am

Try http://www.awesomebooks.com . They do new and second hand. Search for what you wnat then set the filter to used books. Most second hand books are about £2.50 and delivery is free to anywhere in europe if you get two or more. Got a lot of great second hand books including Hardbacks and never got a bad copy. It'll save you from spagetti. I find going through abe or amazon for second hand costs a bloody fortune on delivery if your outside the UK so this lot have been great for me :D
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Previous

Return to Non-Discworld books