Anyone read Martin's Dance with Dragons yet?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Anyone read Martin's Dance with Dragons yet?

Postby Quatermass » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:12 pm

:|

Is this series 1 they're talking about, raisindot? I already have it, albeit after two replacements (long story short, I think HBO is cheaping out when it comes to DVD production).
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby raisindot » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:54 pm

Quatermass wrote::|

Is this series 1 they're talking about, raisindot? I already have it, albeit after two replacements (long story short, I think HBO is cheaping out when it comes to DVD production).

Sorry, yes, Season 1. Your comments about the poor quality of the DVDs is a very common complaint on Amazon. I'm getting the Blueray version--hope at least that it works a little better.
raisindot

Postby Quatermass » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:24 am

raisindot wrote:
Quatermass wrote::|

Sorry, yes, Season 1. Your comments about the poor quality of the DVDs is a very common complaint on Amazon. I'm getting the Blueray version--hope at least that it works a little better.

So I'm not alone, then. Good to hear. :) The shop assistants at the store I got it from probably got a little sick of me. Had to replace Game of Thrones series 1 (a birthday present, I might add) twice, and a Doctor Who once. All within the space of a month, or thereabouts. Thankfully, no other hiccups with the discs I have bought since.

The problem with Game of Thrones was that it kept freezing at the worst possible times. Normally, I would expect that of a damaged or dirty disc, not of a brand spanking-new disc. :think: It's fine now, though. I actually let the discs run through the entire series to be doubly sure.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Previous

Return to Non-Discworld books