Getting onto books because of other media...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Getting onto books because of other media...

Postby deldaisy » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:21 pm

I did order the "Adventures of Tin Tin" from the library last week because of the movie. Havent read them since I was a kid and loved them. Will be interesting seeing how I read them as an adult. I have very happy memories of Tin Tin.

Havent seen the movie yet.

I dont mind movies/books. I never except them to be the same. They are two different mediums.

It only really annoys me when they take an excellent book and completely change the ending for a "hollywood happy ending".
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Quatermass » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:32 pm

deldaisy wrote:I did order the "Adventures of Tin Tin" from the library last week because of the movie. Havent read them since I was a kid and loved them. Will be interesting seeing how I read them as an adult. I have very happy memories of Tin Tin.

Havent seen the movie yet.

I dont mind movies/books. I never except them to be the same. They are two different mediums.

It only really annoys me when they take an excellent book and completely change the ending for a "hollywood happy ending".

Believe it or not, Del, the film does the books some justice. The plot is basically a hybrid of The Secret of the Unicorn and The Crab with the Golden Claws.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:11 am

deldaisy wrote:It only really annoys me when they take an excellent book and completely change the ending for a "hollywood happy ending".

You know, i don't remember seeing a "happy ending" in a very long time. i don't even think hollywood knows how to do that anymore. the closest you get is "bittersweet". either one or more of the main characters die, or the ending is a mind****, or just in general depressing.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Previous

Return to Non-Discworld books