What Are You Reading 2

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What Are You Reading 2

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:15 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:It's a tradition, or an old charter, or something.

Dotsie you need to be a Rankin fan to understand that one. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:34 pm

Aah. I might have a go again, I got as far as the first two I think.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:57 pm

They happen to be among my favorites, but his later ones are a bit different from the Hollow chocolate Bunnies onwards. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:00 am

If Toyminator is the one I'm thinking of, I was a little unsettled by some of the content.

I won't spoil it for Sjoerd, but I'd be interested to know after he's read it, if he picked up on it too.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Quatermass » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:12 am

Currently reading John Dies at the End. I'm hoping to read Rivers of London not long after, as I just got it from the library.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:If Toyminator is the one I'm thinking of, I was a little unsettled by some of the content.

I won't spoil it for Sjoerd, but I'd be interested to know after he's read it, if he picked up on it too.

That was a the sequel to Eddie Bear in the Hollow Chocolate Bunnies Bouncy I have not read that in a while.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:45 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:If Toyminator is the one I'm thinking of, I was a little unsettled by some of the content.

I'll let you know ;)
A poster outside one shop urged people to Dig For Victory, as if it were some kind of turnip.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:49 pm

Yeah, now I'm not so sure it wasn't the other book that Dug just mentioned. :roll:

A googling I shall go..................
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Don't forget your bucket and spade then. :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:40 pm

Can't find the bit I want to find.

Hey ho. I'll just let Sjoerd get on with it!!

Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:06 pm

I can have a look in my copy if you know roughly what it is.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby majomull » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:47 pm

Just finished re-reading the "Instrumentalities of the Night" books by Glen Cook. Finally got the chance to read the three books back to back to back. Today is library day for me and my daughter so who knows what I will find next.
Whiskey is sunlight held together with water.
majomull

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:19 pm

I like Glen Cook nice guy, love his Garrett PI books. :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Quatermass » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:25 pm

Just finished reading John Dies At The End and the second volume of the manga of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. The former was fine enough, but a bit too confusing at times to follow. The latter was entertaining and weird. I'll probably be reading Rivers of London before long.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Txam » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:46 am

This past month I had two weeks off from work, so I went to four Half Price Books stores and purchased 23 of the Discworld novels. So far I have read The Light Fantastic, Sourcery, Eric, Interesting Times, Equal Rites, Wyrd Sisters, Witches Abroad, Lords and Ladies, and I am finishing the last chapter in Carpe Jugulum. Which explains why I have joined this Message Board. It is a little hard to explain to your mates at work that you spent your vacation on Discworld.
Txam

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books