Any only UK booksellers who ship to the States?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Any only UK booksellers who ship to the States?

Postby raisindot » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:07 pm

I'm looking to buy multiple used PB volumes of certain British authors (like Ripley and Rankin) I can't get inexpensively here in the states. Amazon Marketplace lets US buyers buy from online UK used book sellers, but then you have to pay $4.00 shipping for each separate book. And none of these booksellers has email addresses, so you can contact them to discuss bulk shipping for multiple purchases.

So I guess I wanted to know if you any of folks know of some good used booksellers who you actually talk to (or email to) who do routinely ship across the pond?

Thanks in advance!

J-I-B
raisindot

Postby chris.ph » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:06 pm

sorry cant help but $4 to the states looks cheap to me as i pay £2.75 for most books i buy on amazon and the amazon depot is only 10miles away :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:53 pm

Jeff, have you tried Abebooks.com or Abebooks.co.uk. I believe you get contact addresses for the individual retailers. :D

Or what about Amazon Canada?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby raisindot » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:27 pm

Tony, thanks for the tip on Abe's Books.

Amazon has the best prices for used paperback books themselves, but shipping per book usually starts at around $4. I was hoping I might be able to buy a bunch from one vendor and negotiate a reduced bulk shipping rate. But Amazon doesn't have contact info for the sellers.

But some of the booksellers on Abe's seem to have better US shipping rates overall. I'll try 'em.

J-I-B
raisindot

Postby chris.ph » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:58 pm

ive been having a nose around abebooks and some of the sellers are the same as amazon
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:22 pm

Try these people free posting anywhere in the World never used them myself so can't speak from experience.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/

Or I take it you know about http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page free if you live in the States.
Last edited by Who's Wee Dug on Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:33 pm

Just received from Amazon today my pre Xmas order, but have stayed indoors waiting for a delivery by DHL for the past two days ,they sent an email saying it was on the van and would be delivered between 9 and 5:30
checked the tracking again at 6pm ballocks it was put on hold no email to update me to that,rang them and the guy did apologise, no point being angry with him its not his fault. :x
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Return to Non-Discworld books