Fight Club a great book

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:03 am

Only because you love giving it. I'm happy if you're happy. 8)
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:04 am

poohcarrot wrote:Feeling better now Jan? Got everything off your chest? There's a good girl. 8)

That's even worse than "my dear"! She's gonna get you :P
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:21 am

*Mr. Burns voice* I'll bide my time.... :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby raisindot » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:30 pm

Cheezwiz, you two!

Go and find a chat-room, willya?

:)

J-I-B
raisindot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jul 14, 2010 1:32 pm

Perhaps we should start a Fight Club chatroom? :twisted:

Hmmmm - better not. I'd have to watch the movie or read the darned book :shock: :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:42 pm

Brad Pitt takes his shirt off. So it's not a complete waste of time then.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby michelanCello » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:55 pm

Dotsie wrote:Brad Pitt takes his shirt off. So it's not a complete waste of time then.

:lol:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:20 pm

That clinches it then - forget it. :lol: Pooh - you can keep your shirt on!
Jan Van Quirm

Postby raisindot » Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:54 pm

Dotsie wrote:Brad Pitt takes his shirt off. So it's not a complete waste of time then.

So did Helena Bonham Carter, I believe. Pitt has a much better figure.

:twisted:

J-I-B
raisindot

Postby shelke » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:49 pm

Well that went way off-topic. My apologies for trying to provoke a discussion about a well known book. As a matter of fact, I have read the bok and seen the movie. So I know about it. I was going to share my opinion about the movie as I found it very interesting and it had a nice unexpected ending.

It was just a summary of what the book is about. I can't just start a topic about a book without posting any info about it, now can I :)
shelke

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:53 pm

I don't mind that you lifted the first post from elsewhere, but it might be easier to provoke discussion if you start with your own opinions - "I liked it, this is why etc". And you didn't join in, which is why it went off topic. To be honest, that first post seemed to provoke more discussion about you :lol: Sorry!

So tell us, what did you like about it?
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:31 pm

shelke wrote:It was just a summary of what the book is about. I can't just start a topic about a book without posting any info about it, now can I :)

Of course you have to talk about the subject matter when you open a topic - that's why you have a 'Quote' button in the posting windows (4th from the left between the u and Code* buttons) so you can say where you're quoting from if you were using text from the foreword or whatever?

Also on the post when it goes on the thread (it's quite clear you can use the quote button in the top right of every single post) - that's what I've just used to quote your last post in case anyone thought I was using other people's words without attributing them properly. It's just a matter of courtesy and why I wasn't too bothered whether you'd written it or not when Willem commented on it...

I first wrote:Talk about the book's good so just ignore the lifted guff - it's got us talking about a valid topic if nothing else and some people don't realise the meaning of the word plagiarism else they'd not show themselves up doing it :wink:

No claims were made and so as mC says no real damage done - I've never read this book or seen the film so all I can say is :oops:

DING! DING! Round 7 :lol:

Now you know the drill (if you didn't before) I'm sure you'll be able to conform with basic etiquette in future.
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Willem » Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:24 pm

My reason on commenting on it, was that I thought it was weird :)

I suspected you were a bot, posting some info on forums to get people to click a link in your signature but since you didn't have a link in your signature, you'd be a pretty lousy bot. You commented in other posts too, so I was pretty sure you were not a bot, but that made the copy-pasted parts even more mysterious.
Anyway, mystery solved, you're not a bot but a lazy bum ;) So you fit right in here.
Willem

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:13 pm

Willem wrote:Anyway, mystery solved, you're not a bot but a lazy bum ;) So you fit right in here.

I'd make a comment, but I can't be bothered. :lol:
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby michelanCello » Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:35 am

Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Previous

Return to Non-Discworld books