Yes
47%
No
53%

Total votes : 17

Postby Jane » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:13 am

I expect it'll take ages...
2 years after Colfer dies? Ha, 2 years after I die, maybe. :evil:

There's going to be another AF book - Atlantis Complex.
When is he going to stop writing them? I thought it was fine to finish it at 3, and keep it a nice neat trilogy. I'm getting tired of seeing Opal Koboi return again and again and again.

Also, after book 3, he turned into a nice guy, and now character development's flatlining and I'm getting bored. :?
Good guys going around doing good things...*sigh* It's getting like the Ender's Game sequels.
The rumour spread through the city like: ______.
A) Wildfire
B) Margarine
C) Venereal disease
D) A disco of pain
Jane

Postby michelanCello » Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:36 am

Jane wrote:There's going to be another AF book - Atlantis Complex.
When is he going to stop writing them? I thought it was fine to finish it at 3, and keep it a nice neat trilogy. I'm getting tired of seeing Opal Koboi return again and again and again.

Also, after book 3, he turned into a nice guy, and now character development's flatlining and I'm getting bored. :?
Good guys going around doing good things...*sigh* It's getting like the Ender's Game sequels.

Really? Now, that's good news. :D
I don't know, Jane. Where are we now? Six, maybe? OK, I agree, Opal Koboi's getting to be a bit boring, but I like those books. Mostly I like Butler... :wink: Anyway, as long as Colfer is writing them, I'll be reading it. :wink: It's like Terry Pratchett (only Sir Terry is much-much better): even if they'd be writing about scientific breakthroughs in the XIXth century, I'd enjoy it. :wink:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby mystmoon » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:54 pm

Atlantis Complex will be the seventh AF book, although I agree, he ended the Eternity Code so well, he needn't have strectched it out any longer. He should have written a sequel to the Supernaturalist instead :x
"Why is that gas stove wearing a hat?"
"He's going out"
mystmoon

Location: York, England, Europe, Earth, The Solar System, Milky Way, The Universe

Postby Jane » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:04 pm

HOTDARN!!IgotloggedoutandnowIhavetoretypethis. :x

I feel like the series is getting a little stale and stagnant. They should call it "Artemis Fowl and the Return of the Return of Opal Koboi (Again.)"
Hmm...I like Holly the best, and maybe Juliet if she ever shows up more than a few paragraphs. I think that HollyxArtemis is kinda weird, since they're different species. Just like that EdwardxBella stuff.
But I'm the kind of person who thought that the time when Henry Tudor married his dead brother's widow was unnatural and wrong-ish. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned.

Yes, Terry Pratchett is better! His jokes come more often, and don't have that "try-too-hard-to-be-funny" feeling that I sometimes get with Colfer.
A) Wildfire
B) Margarine
C) Venereal disease
D) A disco of pain
Jane

Postby michelanCello » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:14 pm

Jane wrote:I'm the kind of person who thought that the time when Henry Tudor married his dead brother's widow was unnatural and wrong-ish. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned.

And that freaks you out? What about Oedipus??
Listen.
michelanCello

Postby Jane » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:22 pm

Oedipus didn't know.
People like Bella, however, do know exactly what they're doing and who they're doing it with, which freaks me out.

It also scares me when old people get married. When I read "A View from Saturday", the grandparents getting married in the retirement village grossed me out. I just can't help but think about their wedding night...probably with a bucketload of diamond shaped pills with a Pfizer logo printed on...*gag*

Other things that make me uncomfortable are relations between relations,
animals, furries, children, the morbidly obese, and inlaws.
:shock:
A) Wildfire
B) Margarine
C) Venereal disease
D) A disco of pain
Jane

Postby michelanCello » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:33 pm

One day you'll be old too, Jane (if you're lucky... :wink: ).
Age doesn't mean anything. What and how you feel is what matters. Love doesn't know age limits.

Why do I have the feeling that whatever we're talking about, we end up talking about twilight... :roll:
Listen.
michelanCello

Postby Jane » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:44 pm

I don't want to be old. :( I don't want to have to have reading glasses, or wheeled walkers, or be pitied by the younguns as I board a bus, metabolize food, pick up the phone, or answer the door s...l...o...w...l...y...
I asked my friends about getting old, and they're afraid too. I have a friend who's said: "I'm not going to be old".
I'm happy to live with hormones, impulses, lack of foresight, tendency to follow trends/fads/peer pressure, poor prioritizing, and bad judgement for a bendy young body that can process junk food like a snap and run a mile and do a somersault and use the toilet without help. Darn, I really sound like a Voldemort.

Love doesn't know age limits, but it can be really weird. I was weirded out by an 18 year old girl and her 63 year old boyfriend with grandkids. D:

I dunno...Maybe I'm secretly employed by Stephenie Meyer to convert people into Cullen Clubbers and make them watch Eclipse.
A) Wildfire
B) Margarine
C) Venereal disease
D) A disco of pain
Jane

Postby michelanCello » Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:57 pm

I don't know... I'm not afraid of getting old. I mean... it's just a number... er... I can't really explain what I want to say...
Let's take my granny for example. She's 73. Retired, but still full of activity, though lightly handicapped by her hip. She's outside all day, doing something in the garden. When she get's tired, she watches one of the many dvd's we've bought her (you know, the ones you can get in the supermarket). When her grandchildren are there with her, we play cards, boardgames, cook together, etc, etc...
What I want to say is: I wouldn't want to be old without having done anythng in life. I mean, my granny has been a teacher for something like 50 years, she has for children, five grandchildren, four dogs, 30 chicken, three ducks, a beautiful garden... I can't imagine myself in a little flat on the 8th floor with lots of cats and the postman as only company. In 50 years, I hope to be a nice old lady with a huge family, and I'll be happy like this...
Nothing to be afraid of. It's all up to you. The way you look at it. If you make something of your life, you don't have to worry about anything. Regrets kill happiness. If you live without regrets, act without having to regret something, than you'll be a happy old lady. (Wow, did I just say that?)
Listen.
michelanCello

Postby Jane » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:10 pm

Hmm...I think I don't want to die because I haven't done anything worthwhile with my life. Also, because living is so fun! I like warm blankets on cold mornings, hot beef stew with mushy carrots, the breeze on a sunny day, peeing after 10 hours of holding it in...

Maybe one day I'll be content enough to not worry about dying, but currently, I would probably sell my soul and pull a Dorian Gray. Or eat a philosopher's stone. Or drink that Tuck Everlasting water.
A) Wildfire
B) Margarine
C) Venereal disease
D) A disco of pain
Jane

Postby michelanCello » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:14 pm

LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!! The end makes it worthwhile to watch it, but I just love it! Tuck Everlasting is one of the movies I can watch as many times as I'm alone (because other people around me aren't that enthousiastic). The other movie like this is Pride and Prejudice (not the serie-version, although that one is great too), which I've seen so many times that I almost know it by heart by now... :wink:
Listen.
michelanCello

Postby Jane » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:24 pm

Really? I haven't seen the Tuck film, I've just read the book. It made me really sad - what a waste of water just to give it to a toad.
I wanted Winnie to drink it. D:)

I haven't read Pride and Prejudice...I have read Emma, though, and I'm not sure I want to read/watch more Austen. All they do is sit around and visit and have tea parties because they have tenants that pay the rent, and that's what I hear P&P is about.

Bleurgh. It's close to 12:30 am now, and I should go.
Unfortunately, young people need more sleep than adults, so I guess I should go or else I'll wake up with gigantic purple eyebags. And I'm doing passport photos tomorrow. Or later today, to be more accurate. :P
Goodnight/morning!
A) Wildfire
B) Margarine
C) Venereal disease
D) A disco of pain
Jane

Postby michelanCello » Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:35 pm

STOP! STOP! STOP!!!

Emma is the only Austen which isn't... oh, let's say it: Emma is horrible! But Austen in general is reallly good. Why did you start with Emma?? :evil: Oh, b*gger... OK, maybe it isn't too late.
Jane, please go to the library as soon as you read this, and read Pride and Prejudice. That'll help you gain your faith in Austen back...

*mutters something containing Emma and first and bad choice...*
Listen.
michelanCello

Postby Jane » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:07 pm

Wait are you talking about Emma the book or Emma the character? And why is it so horrible? I just thought the book was average because I never liked Emma and her selfish manipulation. And also because I was told it was funny, but it wasn't.
I read it because of my crazy English teacher who's so obsessed that she named her daughter after the title character.

Hrm...Some of my friends were made to read P&P last year for school, and they say it's about a bunch of girls who need to get married off. How good is it compared to Emma? :shock:
A) Wildfire
B) Margarine
C) Venereal disease
D) A disco of pain
Jane

Postby bikkit » Sat Jun 26, 2010 6:50 am

jane said "eat a philoshopher's stone"

Don't get me started. Anyways, eat the one from Harry Potter or something. Fullmetal alchemist ones are made from dead people.

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

PreviousNext

Return to Non-Discworld books