Anybody read anything by Robert Kroese?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Anybody read anything by Robert Kroese?

Postby Zephyr » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:34 am

Amazon recommended his books to me because of my Pratchett selections...the summary of Mercury Falls looks interesting (although a little close in concept to Good Omens):

"Years of covering the antics of End Times cults for The Banner, a religious news magazine, have left Christine Temetri not only jaded but seriously questioning her career choice. That is, until she meets Mercury, an anti-establishment angel who's frittering his time away whipping up batches of Rice Krispy Treats and perfecting his ping-pong backhand instead of doing his job: helping to orchestrate Armageddon. With the end near and angels and demons debating the finer political points of the Apocalypse, Christine and Mercury accidentally foil an attempt to assassinate one Karl Grissom, a thirty-seven-year-old film school dropout about to make his big break as the Antichrist. Now, to save the world, she must negotiate the byzantine bureaucracies of Heaven and Hell and convince the apathetic Mercury to take a stand, all the while putting up with the obnoxious mouth-breathing Antichrist."
Nullum magnum ingenium sine mixtura dementiae fuit. -Seneca
Zephyr

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:11 am

Oh wow! Zephyr's here again. Great to see you again. :D

I haven't heard of that author, but the summary sounds interesting.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:16 pm

Just google it,it has some good write-ups may have to check this one out.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:52 pm

im going to have a look now :D looks like im going tobe in the cache with my mrs again :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Return to Non-Discworld books