Raymond E. Feist

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby kakaze » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:24 am

Danny B wrote:A male protagonist can go through an entire series of novels without ever having sex and his masculinity never needs to be emphasised, yet so many novels about female protagonists (fantasy novels in particular are guilty of this) feel the need to emphasise the femininity of the lead character by giving her a really good orgasm at the hands of a supporting male character with a dominant personality, who refuses to let himself be brow-beaten or bullied by the otherwise powerful female protagonist.

I agree. I would guess that this is because fantasy novels are, in general, written by men and for men, so they tend to look at things from a male point of view.

Of course, this is a very base generalization, with many exceptions in every direction.

In Feist's defense, Pug had a similar experience in Magician:Master, though without the "and now he knew what it was to be a man" line. :P
kakaze

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:11 am

Magician:Master,that was only the 2nd half of the book when it was published in paperback it was split into two books,the hard cover was in one volume.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:33 pm

anne mccaffery and david eddings (+leigh eddings) had strong female characters _polgara and moreta
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby chris.ph » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:35 pm

just had another thought pugs second wife,macro the blacks daughter(cant remember her name :oops: ) was a very strong character
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby kakaze » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:15 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Magician:Master,that was only the 2nd half of the book when it was published in paperback it was split into two books,the hard cover was in one volume.

Yes, I know. I was just being specific.
kakaze

Postby LilMaibe » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:08 am

huai0592 wrote:Hello,everybody.
I am a newer here.
I like to make friends.

Two things, dude:
Stop spamming and change your sig...You're not even trying to hide you're a spambot :arrow: :arrow:
LilMaibe

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:23 am

LilMaibe wrote:
I am a newer here.
I like to make friends.

Two things, dude:
Stop spamming and change your sig...You're not even trying to hide you're a spambot :arrow: :arrow:
I'm deleting these spam posts. :wink:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby LilMaibe » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:29 am

Tonyblack wrote:
LilMaibe wrote:
I am a newer here.
I like to make friends.

Two things, dude:
I'm deleting these spam posts. :wink:

Whee :D
It's almost a pity if they are not even trying...too simple,too clearcut...
LilMaibe

Postby chris.ph » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:15 pm

damn and blast i thought we had another raymond e fiest fan for a second :cry:
chris.ph

Postby LilMaibe » Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:01 pm

chris.ph wrote:damn and blast i thought we had another raymond e fiest fan for a second :cry:

*pats* no worries, one day, one will come along :)
LilMaibe

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:30 pm

chris.ph wrote:damn and blast i thought we had another raymond e fiest fan for a second :cry:
I have not bought the last one Chris have you read it. :?:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:13 am

yes and its a good un as well, with the reappearance of some old favourites :wink:
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:14 pm

I will get it in the dealers room at the worldcon as I prefer the American artwork on his books,I know that's picky but the 1st in the series I bought had the American artwork and the 2nd one was the UK one not as good visually . :)
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:02 pm

never judge a book by the cover matey :lol:
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jun 05, 2011 4:45 pm

I don't but I just like it. :wink: :)
Who's Wee Dug

Previous

Return to Non-Discworld books