signed discworld books

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:31 pm

You knit jumpers very slowly, Dug. Otherwise you start to knit socks, fail to turn a corner and end up with a very long scarf!

I must confess to thinking that your smilie looks a bit pervy ... It's a good job that the sheep isn't wearing wellies ... :oops:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:41 pm

It was the only one I could find in a hurry Batty, not that I was desperate or anything.Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Batty » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:36 am

Nuff said! Image

Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

signed books

Postby martynjh » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:27 am

I have a hardback copy of the last hero and would like to have it signed by Mr Pratchett and Paul Kidby. Any ideas on how i can get this done? I intend to leave all of my TP collection to my daughter on the off chance that one day she might realise how good he is.
martynjh

Re: signed books

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:41 pm

martynjh wrote:I have a hardback copy of the last hero and would like to have it signed by Mr Pratchett and Paul Kidby. Any ideas on how i can get this done? I intend to leave all of my TP collection to my daughter on the off chance that one day she might realise how good he is.

Welcome to the site martynjh! :D

I can only suggest either going to an event or a signing. Terry's illness means that he's doing less signings and not doing personal dedications, so, sadly it may be a case that getting books signed will be increasingly more difficult.

I don't know about Paul Kidby - I'm not sure if he goes to events - I've never seen him at one. :?
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Sjoerd3000 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:43 pm

HI and welcome to the forum martynjh :D
Getting an education was a bit like a communicable sexual disease. It made you unsuitable for a lot of jobs and then you had the urge to pass it on.
Sjoerd3000

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:28 pm

Hi martynjh. Go to the Irish discworld convention, or to the next one in Birmingham next year where there will be signing sessions but Paul K does not do DW conventions anymore I have not seen him at one for a long time. Or buy one signed from PJSM prints www.paulkidby.com signed by Pterry. or visit Pauls own site www.paulkidby.net/Index
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby poohcarrot » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:52 am

If you're quick! Last Hero signed by TP & PK.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Terry-Pratchett-D ... 1e58c2a788
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Exp. Date, the rat » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:53 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Image

Ummmmm.... What is that smiley doing to that sheep? I thought that was only legal in Maine?

:twisted:
A legal Feegle? How could there be such a thing?
Today I feel like I am soaring like a tortoise!
Exp. Date, the rat

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:41 pm

Giving it an innocent cuddle. :lol: some people have dirty minds. :shock:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:38 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :gasps: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh gods make it stop! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Innocent cuddle Wheeeeeeee!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :falls over laughing:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby chris.ph » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:18 pm

i thought it was a welsh smilie :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:43 pm

Did that brighten up your day Tina, you canna beat a good belly laugh.Image
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Skip_Snip » Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:43 pm

I don't know how much this would be worth, but I have Carpe Juguum signed to Dave Hodges, aka the real life Hodgesargh :)x
Crash KaPop, Bang KaBoom, Zam KaZap, Zam KaZoom !!
Skip_Snip

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:09 pm

Skip_Snip wrote:I don't know how much this would be worth, but I have Carpe Juguum signed to Dave Hodges, aka the real life Hodgesargh :)x
Having met Dave on several occasions - it's probably worth more unsigned. :lol:
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Discworld novels