Discussion Group?

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:37 pm

You now have two weeks to read or reread Jingo for the discussion starting on Monday 3rd January. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:25 pm

You now have one week to read or reread Jingo for the discussion starting Monday 3rd January 2011. :D
Tonyblack

Postby michelanCello » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:57 pm

Don't scare me, Tony! That means I have only one week before I have to go back to school! :cry:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:52 pm

michelanCello wrote:Don't scare me, Tony! That means I have only one week before I have to go back to school! :cry:
And I only have one day before I go back to Cardiff. :(
Tonyblack

Postby james.a.vivian » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:18 pm

hi Tony, what's the next book after Jingo. I'm in the middle of a book I'll finish this week, but I want to get ready for your next discussion.
"You gotta Door, You gotta GYM."
james.a.vivian

Postby Tristan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:45 am

Reading Small Gods right now... damn, i'm always too late.
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:18 am

james.a.vivian wrote:hi Tony, what's the next book after Jingo. I'm in the middle of a book I'll finish this week, but I want to get ready for your next discussion.
James, the next book is The Last Hero. You can see the timetable for the discussion by following THIS LINK. :)

Tristan - there's no time limit to these discussions. Feel free to join in whenever you are ready. That goes for all the previous discussion which you can find on that same link I gave James. :wink:
Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:18 am

Tonyblack wrote:
michelanCello wrote:Don't scare me, Tony! That means I have only one week before I have to go back to school! :cry:
And I only have one day before I go back to Cardiff. :(

I hear you there. I went there during my trip to the UK last year, and it was one of the most boring cities I ever went to in the UK. Seriously. I was expecting the Doctor Who exhibition to be much bigger, and Roald Dahl Plass to be more interesting. No offence, Cardiff residents, but either it was a slow day, or Cardiff is only marginally less dull than Ayn Rand on a filibuster.
I've lived for over 2000 years, and not all of them were good ones. I've made many mistakes. And it's about time I did something about that.

-The Twelfth Doctor, Doctor Who: Deep Breath
Quatermass

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:06 pm

No, that pretty much sums Cardiff up. :lol:

I was disappointed with the Dr Who exhibition as well. It comes to something when the stuff for sale at the gift shop looks more authenic than the actual costumes. But that's TV props for you I guess.
Tonyblack

Postby Ash » Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:08 pm

Great, I came onboard at just the right point. I have just read Jingo!
Ash

Postby james.a.vivian » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:17 am

Tony, thank you very much Kind sir :D
"You gotta Door, You gotta GYM."
james.a.vivian

Postby deldaisy » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:59 am

Tonyblack wrote:
james.a.vivian wrote:hi Tony, what's the next book after Jingo. I'm in the middle of a book I'll finish this week, but I want to get ready for your next discussion.
James, the next book is The Last Hero. You can see the timetable for the discussion by following THIS LINK. :)

Tristan - there's no time limit to these discussions. Feel free to join in whenever you are ready. That goes for all the previous discussion which you can find on that same link I gave James. :wink:

Wot Tony said. In fact I always do things backwards. I start reading the links about a book and then thing "Hey maybe I will go read it again!" so I am finished when the discussion is finished. OR I will avoid a discussion thread if I am rereading a book so I can just get engrossed in the book without analysising it. Just add to the discussion when you feel like it newbies. (Like there are RULES in THIS forum !!!!!!)
The Collective Brain: The synoptic serendipity that comes when interesting thoughts from interesting and interested people get together. And the whole is always more than the sum of its parts.
deldaisy

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:31 pm

I think I might change the date for The Last Hero discussion. Currently it's the first Monday in February, which is the 7th. January is such a long month and February such a short one that we'll start the next discussion on Monday 31st January. :)
Tonyblack

Postby pip » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:32 pm

Tonyblack wrote:I think I might change the date for The Last Hero discussion. Currently it's the first Monday in February, which is the 7th. January is such a long month and February such a short one that we'll start the next discussion on Monday 31st January. :)

Oh no . It'll take me an entire month to read the last hero :wink:
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Tristan » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:22 pm

What about Unseen Academicals & I shall wear midnight? :)
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

PreviousNext

Return to Discworld novels