Raising Steam

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Raising Steam

Postby Bouncy Castle » Sat May 17, 2014 7:48 am

Slantaholic wrote:If you want Moist the goblin-helping, dwarf-killing bandit I'm afraid he's not in Making Money. In there, he's an Ankh-Morporkian banker with Adora and golems, doing all the usual things Moist von Lipwig gets up to. I couldn't recognise him in Raising Steam AT ALL.

That's what marriage does to ya!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby =Tamar » Sat May 17, 2014 9:19 pm

Moist had a rough life before he came to Ankh-Morpork that last time. (He'd been around before.) I don't know about the goblin-helping, but all the risk-taking and highly-physical activity seems like the old Moist von Lipwig to me.
=Tamar

Postby Tonyblack » Sat May 17, 2014 10:03 pm

Me too! Moist loves to live on the edge. Using the golems as he did is not unlike the risks he took Going Postal. If anything Raising Steam has Moist returning to the sort of form he was in, in Going Postal.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:16 pm

Suzanne Bridson, an editor at Terry Pratchett‘s publishers, shares a few Roundworld inspirations for his most recent Discworld novel, Raising Steam.

http://www.waterstones.com/blog/2014/10 ... ing-steam/
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby =Tamar » Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:36 am

The 'rereading Discworld' promos at the Waterstones site aren't bad for the most part. Too bad the one who did The Light Fantastic doesn't seem to have read the book.
=Tamar

Previous

Return to Discworld novels