For the discworld 1st collectors...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:56 pm

It's probably worth more than a new reprint. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Guards! Guards! Uncorrected proof

Postby Ohnhai » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:26 pm

A friend of mine had on loan my PS2 Guitar Hero collection, and wondered if I was willing to sell it as he wished to make a gift of it to his sister. (having moved up to Beatles Rockband on the 360).

A few days later I said he could have it as a gift. I have more Guitar Hero and RockBand on my PS3 than I know what to do with and like all good addicts can see the virtue in hooking more people into your habit, so I was happy and glad to pass my PS2 collection on.

Today he stuck his head over the partition at work and said that he had been considering how to reciprocate my generosity. being a writer with a more than healthy book collection and knowing my love of all things Pratchett he produced his copy of the Guards! Guards! Uncorrected Book Proof. Other than profusely thanking him I didn't know what to say. I have since learned it is one of the 100 copy print run. I get the strong feeling he may have over compensated...

the blue covered proof is in quite good condition for a 20 year old paperback but with some mild discolouration of the cover.

Does any one know if one of the other copies have been sold recently and for how much.. If it's value is too high I am, sadly, going to have to return it.
Ohnhai

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:57 pm

:lol: I know which I'd rather have! What a great swap!

Welcome to the site Ohnhai! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby cols » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:07 pm

Welcome Ohnhai and you lucky thing!!!
cols

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Any proof copy will run in to three figures,poohbcarrot could give you a more accurate figure as he probably has it . :wink:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Previous

Return to Discworld novels