Concerning Rincewind and Twoflower...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Concerning Rincewind and Twoflower...

Postby Homeless Hublander » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:02 pm

hi, I'm relatively fresh-faced when it comes to the Discworld Series, having decided to pick it back up after reading the original (the colour of Magic) book when I was 8-ish. However I have just finished reading the Light Fantastic and The Colour of Magic, and I'd quite like to know, do rincewind and Two Flower ever have a book dedicated to the two of them faily exclusively again, as with the afore-mentioned novels. Finally, sorry If I break a semi-transparent rule of some sort by posting a question like this on here, as it's better safe than sorry rather than charging in and posting the question first, only to have a message from an annoyed admin at a later date, and so I hope my insurance pays off.
well cheers anyway,
Hublander.
Come check out my (fairly) regularly udated blog - it has words and everything! Honest!
http://rstbt.blogspot.co.uk/
Homeless Hublander

Re: Concerning Rincewind and Twoflower...

Postby DaveC » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:13 pm

Homeless Hublander wrote:hi, I'm relatively fresh-faced when it comes to the Discworld Series, having decided to pick it back up after reading the original (the colour of Magic) book when I was 8-ish. However I have just finished reading the Light Fantastic and The Colour of Magic, and I'd quite like to know, do rincewind and Two Flower ever have a book dedicated to the two of them faily exclusively again, as with the afore-mentioned novels. Finally, sorry If I break a semi-transparent rule of some sort by posting a question like this on here, as it's better safe than sorry rather than charging in and posting the question first, only to have a message from an annoyed admin at a later date, and so I hope my insurance pays off.
well cheers anyway,
Hublander.

Welcome to the site! :D

The only other with Twoflower and Rincewind in is Interesting Times which came out in 1994, (8 years and 15 novels after Light Fantastic), Rincewind, though is in many more adventures, Sourcery, Eric, Interesting Times, The Last Continent, The Last Hero, and Unseen Academicals + The Science of Discworld books

Hope this helps :D
Last edited by DaveC on Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby michelanCello » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:26 pm

Welcome, Hublander! Dave has just about said it all ;) Good luck!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Homeless Hublander » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Ah ok, you've been a great help, thank you very much, both for the afore-mentioned help and the the welcomes! that's cheered me up a fair bit actually, as when I finished The Light Fantastic, for some bizarre reason I actually felt a bit emotional at discovering that I may never see rincewind and Twoflower again! thankfully though you two have set me straight, and given me something very much to look forward to as I progress throught the series (as I plan to read them in order from 1- 38, then branch out and maybe read some of them in order of characters story lines).
cheers,
Hublander.
Come check out my (fairly) regularly udated blog - it has words and everything! Honest!
Homeless Hublander

Postby Dotsie » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:08 pm

Hope you enjoy Interesting Times (and all the rest), and there aren't any rules on here about what you can post as long as you ask nicely! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Penfold » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:11 pm

Hellooo and welcome Hublander! :D

I can't add much to what has already been said except we're a pretty laid back bunch on here. Enjoy your reading and let us know what you think of the books. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby DaveC » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:33 pm

Penfold wrote: Enjoy your reading and let us know what you think of the books. :D

Yep, we're always happy to house the homeless. :D
Adventures of a Film Geek - My Blog

Check out my short film!

"Dude, this thing claims I have mail. Dude, now I'm reading it."
This Is...
DaveC

Postby Oberon » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:46 pm

Homeless Hublander wrote: I plan to read them in order from 1- 38, then branch out and maybe read some of them in order of characters story lines).
cheers,
Hublander.

Welcome Hublander.

Yes it's a good idea to read the books in order as there are several storylines in the Discworld universe which evolve as the series develops.
“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” (Terry Pratchett).
Oberon

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Welcome to the site Hublander.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Homeless Hublander » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:42 pm

DaveC wrote:
Penfold wrote: Enjoy your reading and let us know what you think of the books. :D

Yep, we're always happy to house the homeless. :D

thanks for all the advice, but more importantly - wow, this has got to be the friendliest forum I've been on (based on my welcome!), and I'll be sure to tell you guys (and gals) what I think. Finally It's good to know that I'll always have a home to go to (in the internet at least).
Cheers,
Hublander.
actually, on a side note, so is this the last time you see Twoflower then? As if so that makes me feel more down than the end of Lord of the Rings. :(
Homeless Hublander

Postby cabbagehead » Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:47 am

Twoflower appears in Interesting Times. He is mentioned in passing (not by name, IIRC) in The Last Hero.
cabbagehead

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:25 am

Welcome to the site, Hublander! :D

To a degree, Twoflower, served his purpose in the first two books. Twoflower was the tourist who allowed us, the readers to explore the Discworld along with him - with Rincewind as our somewhat reluctant guide.

We'll get to explore lots more parts of the Disc as the series progresses, with a whole host of interesting and entertaining guides. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby spideyGirl » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:45 am

Welcome Hublander! :D This forum rarely even stays on topic either (unless Tony has his green pen out ;) ) so post away!
spideyGirl

Postby ShadowNinjaCat » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:08 pm

Welcome from me too. :D
“We are all in the gutter,but some of us are looking at the stars.”- Oscar Wilde
ShadowNinjaCat

Postby Homeless Hublander » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:58 pm

ah ok, thanks Cabbagehead, it's good to know he'll be back, even in passing.
And I see where you'r coming from Tony, but I find it hard to believe that anyone could fill his (albeit small, in the book) shoes, as I found him very loveable while perfectly reflecting my own curiousity - however I guess I'll take your word for it that his descendants (not literally) are still as much fun as him ;).
thanks very much SpideyGirl & ShadowNinjaCat for your greetings, nice to meetcha!
cheers,
Hublander.
Homeless Hublander

Next

Return to Discworld novels