Vimes in movie

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Vimes in movie

Postby Dotsie » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:24 am

In the LOTR trilogy, the hobbits all had very different accents. One of them was scottish! How he got that accent living alongside Samwise I will never know. But it didn't really bother me cos I don't know what hobbits are supposed to sound like anyway.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:39 pm

Because Samwise was the incommer. ;)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby high eight » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:16 pm

Dotsie wrote:In the LOTR trilogy, the hobbits all had very different accents. One of them was scottish! How he got that accent living alongside Samwise I will never know. But it didn't really bother me cos I don't know what hobbits are supposed to sound like anyway.

Probably west country shading into brummie, as Tolkien's inspiration for The Shire was somewhere around Gloucestershire and/or Warwickshire.
"If there is any kind of supreme being it is up to all of us to become its moral superior."
high eight

Postby simmonds91 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 3:14 pm

I see vimes as.... a scruffy dog? He's not only cynical but his personality is rough, with a worn out body. I see pictures of actors that may suit the role of vimes, i think they could work (even gave a suggestion here myself) but all in all until i see them in action, in make up and costume etc. i think they all look too... smooth if you get my meaning. vimes lives in an old grimy city so he too is grimy. i think thats why its so hard to decide, because the actors we see today dont look as though they've worked non stop for 48 hours without a wash or shave. thats how i see it at least (and how i portray vimes).
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:07 pm

Simmonds, Kemar (Marc Simonetti) is the artist that does the covers for the French versions of the books. There is a whole thread about his covers HERE. This includes links to his website and videos of him creating the artwork. He also did the cover (UK) for Turtle Recall, the new version of the Discworld Companion as well as the latest calendar. You can get an idea of the calendar HERE. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Forgot to add - Marc also did the 2013 Calendar. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Previous

Return to Discworld novels