Books for Sale

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby raisindot » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:42 am

Sorry if I was a little harsh. If you had said that you were doing because of financial issues, I probably would have held off.

I guess I'm used to nearly all special interest forums I'm having a "no classified ads" policy for new users unless they've been on the site for a while or have posted a specified number of messages before posting an ad.

I guess I also have a think about people who post messages with headers offering books for sale and then find out that they're just linking to Ebay auctions. It just makes the person look like the only reason they're coming here is for personal gain, not to contribute to the community.

I am not the moderator here, so I don't make the rules, but I do reserve the right to complain about behavior that irritates me (just as everyone complains about mine). This forum's moderator is the most mellow and bestest moderator in the entire world, and almost nothing gets him frazzled.

Anyway, welcome to the site and I wish you the best of luck in dealing with your financial situation...we've all been there, and some of us (like me) never seem to get out of them....
Last edited by raisindot on Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
raisindot

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:12 am

raisindot wrote:but I do reserve the right to complain about behavior that irritates me (just as everyone complains about mine)

I wish to complain about J-I*b! :twisted:
There wasn't even one crappy elephant joke in the above post. His standards are slipping. :D
"Disliking Carrot would be like kicking a puppy."
"You kicked a puppy," Lobsang said accusingly.
poohcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:48 am

Mr.Hazey wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:I really don't have a problem with this. It's Discworld related and therefore relevant to the site and the people who post here.

We used to have a trading thread - it probably got buried somewhere. That was just this sort of thing.

Good luck with the sales. :D

Idea for you tony why not get Jason to create a new section, for trading etc, I bet it would be a sure fire hit etc, as I have run a few forums with marketplace sections, I could easily help you draft a set of guidelines up for the section??

Just an idea anyway ;)

To be honest, we really don't get that much in the way of trading and selling here. I don't think it warrants a section of its own. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:10 am

I'll sell my appendix for an ipad, if anyone's interested. :lol:
poohcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:14 am

poohcarrot wrote:I'll sell my appendix for an ipad, if anyone's interested. :lol:
What about your liver? :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohcarrot » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:24 am

I'll sell my liver for my appendix? :? That's just plain daft. :lol:
poohcarrot

Previous

Return to Discworld novels