Discworld marathon blog...

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby Quatermass » Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:38 am

Well, who knows? I may actually revive this thing. The problem is how far I will go.

This time around, I might avoid the whole one Discworld book per week thing, though...
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:05 am

Sounds like a good idea to me. As I said in the past; turning something enjoyable into a task can ruin it.

Why not try one more and see how it goes? :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Maura:-D » Wed Oct 26, 2011 5:20 pm

I might try this! I read quick, so I should be okay- I read UA in a night! BUt then again, I have to study for exams and if I set myself this I might not do that... Oh well. I'll see. :D
"Zoology, eh? That's a big word, isn't it."
"No, actually it isn't," said Tiffany. "Patronizing is a big word. Zoology is really quite short."
Maura:-D

Postby Tristan » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:28 pm

Great initiative, Quatermass! I'd love to do it some day, but I can't even manage reading one of the series in order (witches, death etc). I have tried, though it didn't work out. Usually I just wake up one morning thinking "I need to read Jingo" or "Maskerade next!" and follow my own orders immedeatly. (ignoring any reading plans) :)

But I think that's the case for most of us. And it's a part of the fun. :D
"...my father is the Emperor of Klatch and my mother is a small tray of raspberry puddings."
Tristan

Re: Discworld marathon blog...

Postby Quatermass » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:53 am

Okay, I'm seriously considering reviving this before long. As mentioned in a previous post, I will be starting again from where I left off, which will be Carpe Jugulum.
"What have you been doing since you stole that antique TARDIS of yours, since you first landed on Skaro? Shouting 'Look at me!!! I'm not fighting a war!', while you battle the Daleks all the way through space and time."

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Just DO IT already! :angelic-red:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Quatermass » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:21 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Just DO IT already! :angelic-red:

Hey, I'll do it on my terms, thank you very much. :P

If I do do it, I'll finish at Making Money. I have already read and reviewed the Discworld books since then.

-the Master
Quatermass

Postby Quatermass » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:26 am

I've actually decided, instead of doing one book a week (which will conflict with another book-reading thing I'm going to be doing before long, as I just received a book I was eagerly anticipating), I'll post reviews whenever I feel like it, but in order.

-the Master
Quatermass

Previous

Return to Discworld novels