Mort Discussion *Spoilers*

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Mort Discussion *Spoilers*

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:01 pm

Yes the coronation had to take place on a particular day - but because it was too late, Cutwell decided to have the wedding seconds after midnight of the previous day. This was done purely to allow the event to be on that day. If this was going to be the Duke's coronation, there is no reason why the event would take place at such an hour. The day is specified, but not the hour. Even having it moments after midnight, Cutwell is concerned that won't be enough time.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby =Tamar » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:09 pm

Tonyblack wrote: If this was going to be the Duke's coronation, there is no reason why the event would take place at such an hour. The day is specified, but not the hour. Even having it moments after midnight, Cutwell is concerned that won't be enough time.

Luckily, Cutwell's estimate was slightly off so there was just barely enough time.
=Tamar

Postby =Tamar » Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:59 pm

RolandItwasntmyfault suggested that Death had gotten retroactive permission from the gods after the whole fight, and thus Death had saved them on his own hook and then gotten permission later. Now I realize that is exactly what Mort did!
Hmm, it seems Mort had even more positive long-term effect on Death than I had realized.
=Tamar

Postby crazyargie » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:29 pm

What I ALWAYS remember about Mort, is the fly-fishing part. OMG, i laughed like crazy! It's BRILLIANT

'The thing between Death's triumphant digits was a fly from the dawn of time. It was the fly in the primordial soup. It had bred on mammoth turds. It wasn't a fly that bangs on window panes, it was a fly that drills through walls.'

The rest of the book is amazing. I feel like in this book, DW goes to a new place, shows a little more deepness and darkness (even when equal rites did it before, but being lighter than Mort) and establishes loud and clear Death as a main part of the world. I mean, after Mort, I cannot imagine a DW without Death, my most beloved character, i think (sorry, granny is staring at me :whistle: )
Well, statistically speaking, it is possible to find the right wall...

(Demons!! - A short history)
crazyargie

Previous

Return to Discworld novels